7 months BU and im still looking back..whats wrong with me? :/

its been 7 months and within those times ive been trying to move on i am me, im happy but somedays i feel empty and sad inside. i get jealous of couples and it makes me sick to the stomach seeing them..3 weeks ago i finally told my ex about how much he hurt me after ignoring him for 6 months... he apologized and i found out his been worse than ever..mental and health state...not because of me but from depression...his not my fb friend nor am i talking to him...so ive done what i could do, his apologized and its exactly what i wanted but why dont i feel good? i was suppose to talk to him in person talking about my feelings but he refused to see me... i couldnt hold it any longer so thats why i sent him a long email explaining all the things he did to me...he left me for his ex...they re not together now though..predictable considering his ex has a bf already..anyways...

my problem is ive got nothing against him and ive got nothing holding me back so why do i still think about him and still hold him againts my heart?

i dont know why i feel like this, i thought letting out my feelings will set me free but i still feel the same..

why??

The only way to move on is to get busy in your own life. Take up an activity you love and do it 4 x a week. 7 months is not that long, you might need a little longer. And, the longer you allow him (or anyone ) to control your happiness, the longer you will be in the dumps. If he is depressed, he certainly cannot make you happy.

Its a bitter pill to swallow, but it is so true-- Only you can make yourself happy.

Luvesome, I was in your situation in April. I completely cut my ex out of my life....didnt answer his calls, didn't allow myself to think of him, took up golf big time, enjoyed the summer and I can truly say I am healed. It may take you 10 months to get him out of your heart as you say, and that is fine. This is going to take a major effort on your part, but it is doable. I also had to deal with the death of my father in April. I learned life is short, and a year is too long to be messed up due to the actions of someone else. Its going to be hard at first, but I know you can do it.

Archived