why shouldnt i end my life

why shouldnt i just give into this pain that drags me back down this little voice in my head tellin me im not good enough to be here tellin me that i should cut my self but it aint never gone that deep and i know it will one day i can feel it growin stronger i know if i try to fight it ill just lose it aint somthin you can fight off it lives and breaths inside me and i can feel it just growin deep down in my soul its like its waitin for me to give in and when it thinks i should give up and i dont it tells me to cut myself and im afraid that if i dont then somthin worse might happen like the accident.

Im sorry to say this, but your only 12. And things can get a whole lot worse. Of course, things can also get better. Lifes a constant struggle for some of us, but hopefully the good outweighs the bad.

I had my moments during my years as a young teenager of feeling down, but there nothing compared to some of the sadness i feel these days. But i go on hoping things will all work out in the end.

I'd seriously cut back on the movies. Half the stuff you see (prob more than that) is just messed up lies, and since you are younger it's like taken a hold on you. They give them higher ratings for a reason, and you need to just chill and look forward to high school.

Chris

Why shouldn't you give in to it?

Because you haven't given it a chance to get better.

If I had listened to the voice in my head when I was 13 (probably similiar to the voice you're hearing now) I never would have had the chance to grow up, move out of my parents' house, live on my own, develop some really great friendships, have the love relationships I have had, and be in the amazing place in life where I am now.

If I had listened to the voice in my head when I was 13, I would've dumped the entire contents of my family's medicine cabinet into my stomach and everything would've just been over.

You really do need to get some professional help so you can get through this crisis....can you see a doctor or counselor? Is there someone (preferably an adult) you can talk to? I am sure there are plenty of people here who would be willing to listen--just look at the number of replies you've gotten to your post.

best of luck to you,

~s2s

Hi lonly112000,

Is it only that you hear voices in your head sometimes or is there something else that is bothering you. We are open to hear anything you want to share with us. As it was mentioned, if you think you can share your thoughts with your parents openly, then do so. You are only 12 and they would be delightful to help you. Write for us more, thanks.

you are only 12!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE so much to live for and for sure things will get better if you let them. Imagine the day you have a lover, a marriage, your own home, your ability to travel, have children, have a career, be famous, be admired, if you give up now you will miss out on so much!!!!!!!!

if you hear voices, maybe you should see a psychologist. But first find someone you can trust who will help you. If you can't find someone, there are lots of people available to help-a school counsellor, a religious leader.....so many........and don't think people will think you are crazy because you hear voices. YOu are crazy if you don't do somethign about it!!! get help and enjoy the rest of your life!!!!

hey man. they're right, you're only 12. i'm not saying that because youre young, you dont have problems. i believe you, because we all have problems. but i do know that you have so much life ahead of you that you never know what can happen in your life. i know things seem bad now, but just try and be strong and keep your head up. things can also be really good and you'll never know that if you end your life now. we all care about you here. i've been there so you can trust me. i've also posted some helpful links if you want to check them out. msg me if you ever want to. peace

If you are feeling suicidal now, please stop long enough to read this. It will only take about five minutes. I do not want to talk you out of your bad feelings. I am not a therapist or other mental health professional - only someone who knows what it is like to be in pain.

I don't know who you are, or why you are reading this page. I only know that for the moment, you're reading it, and that is good. I can assume that you are here because you are troubled and considering ending your life. If it were possible, I would prefer to be there with you at this moment, to sit with you and talk, face to face and heart to heart. But since that is not possible, we will have to make do with this.

I have known a lot of people who have wanted to kill themselves, so I have some small idea of what you might be feeling. I know that you might not be up to reading a long book, so I am going to keep this short. While we are together here for the next five minutes, I have five simple, practical things I would like to share with you. I won't argue with you about whether you should kill yourself. But I assume that if you are thinking about it, you feel pretty bad.

Well, you're still reading, and that's very good. I'd like to ask you to stay with me for the rest of this page. I hope it means that you're at least a tiny bit unsure, somewhere deep inside, about whether or not you really will end your life. Often people feel that, even in the deepest darkness of despair. Being unsure about dying is okay and normal. The fact that you are still alive at this minute means you are still a little bit unsure. It means that even while you want to die, at the same time some part of you still wants to live. So let's hang on to that, and keep going for a few more minutes.

Start by considering this statement:

"Suicide is not chosen; it happens

when pain exceeds

resources for coping with pain."

That's all it's about. You are not a bad person, or crazy, or weak, or flawed, because you feel suicidal. It doesn't even mean that you really want to die - it only means that you have more pain than you can cope with right now. If I start piling weights on your shoulders, you will eventually collapse if I add enough weights... no matter how much you want to remain standing. Willpower has nothing to do with it. Of course you would cheer yourself up, if you could.

Don't accept it if someone tells you, "that's not enough to be suicidal about." There are many kinds of pain that may lead to suicide. Whether or not the pain is bearable may differ from person to person. What might be bearable to someone else, may not be bearable to you. The point at which the pain becomes unbearable depends on what kinds of coping resources you have. Individuals vary greatly in their capacity to withstand pain.

When pain exceeds pain-coping resources, suicidal feelings are the result. Suicide is neither wrong nor right; it is not a defect of character; it is morally neutral. It is simply an imbalance of pain versus coping resources.

You can survive suicidal feelings if you do either of two things: (1) find a way to reduce your pain, or (2) find a way to increase your coping resources. Both are possible.

Now I want to tell you five things to think about.

1 You need to hear that people do get through this -- even people who feel as badly as you are feeling now. Statistically, there is a very good chance that you are going to live. I hope that this information gives you some sense of hope.

2 Give yourself some distance. Say to yourself, "I will wait 24 hours before I do anything." Or a week. Remember that feelings and actions are two different things - just because you feel like killing yourself, doesn't mean that you have to actually do it right this minute. Put some distance between your suicidal feelings and suicidal action. Even if it's just 24 hours. You have already done it for 5 minutes, just by reading this page. You can do it for another 5 minutes by continuing to read this page. Keep going, and realize that while you still feel suicidal, you are not, at this moment, acting on it. That is very encouraging to me, and I hope it is to you.

3 People often turn to suicide because they are seeking relief from pain. Remember that relief is a feeling. And you have to be alive to feel it. You will not feel the relief you so desperately seek, if you are dead.

4 Some people will react badly to your suicidal feelings, either because they are frightened, or angry; they may actually increase your pain instead of helping you, despite their intentions, by saying or doing thoughtless things. You have to understand that their bad reactions are about their fears, not about you.

But there are people out there who can be with you in this horrible time, and will not judge you, or argue with you, or send you to a hospital, or try to talk you out of how badly you feel. They will simply care for you. Find one of them. Now. Use your 24 hours, or your week, and tell someone what's going on with you. It is okay to ask for help. Try:

Send an anonymous e-mail to The Samaritans

Call 1-800-SUICIDE in the U.S.

Teenagers, call Covenant House NineLine, 1-800-999-9999

Look in the front of your phone book for a crisis line

Call a psychotherapist

Carefully choose a friend or a minister or rabbi, someone who is likely to listen

But don't give yourself the additional burden of trying to deal with this alone. Just talking about how you got to where you are, releases an awful lot of the pressure, and it might be just the additional coping resource you need to regain your balance.

5 Suicidal feelings are, in and of themselves, traumatic. After they subside, you need to continue caring for yourself. Therapy is a really good idea. So are the various self-help groups available both in your community and on the Internet.

Well, it's been a few minutes and you're still with me. I'm really glad.

Since you have made it this far, you deserve a reward. I think you should reward yourself by giving yourself a gift. The gift you will give yourself is a coping resource. Remember, back up near the top of the page, I said that the idea is to make sure you have more coping resources than you have pain. So let's give you another coping resource, or two, or ten...! until they outnumber your sources of pain.

Now, while this page may have given you some small relief, the best coping resource we can give you is another human being to talk with. If you find someone who wants to listen, and tell them how you are feeling and how you got to this point, you will have increased your coping resources by one. Hopefully the first person you choose won't be the last. There are a lot of people out there who really want to hear from you. It's time to start looking around for one of them.

link removed

link removed

that voice in your head is that punk as s satan...for real...that is his job..ive been where you are now...my pain got so bad that i could nolonger keep it inside..and one day 7 years ago i exploded in rage and went on a one man crime wave that lasted 4 months.57 burglarys.and i violently assaulted certain people that had wronged me.i was released from prison last april.i studied the bible and that stuff is real..you can beat satan with gods help..hey im not a saint or a true christian...but trust him,and dont let satan try to fool you when you ask help from god..he knows that god is the truth.he hates you and me with a passion and he wants to kill every last one of us..and if not get us to kill ourselves..do you know why?because we are made in gods image.hey,,,life is to short as it is.dont waste your youth like i did on drugs and anger.most of my true friends our dead now.im still a young man.and ive already served 3 prison terms.theres alot of beautiful things out there waiting for you...and take the pain life gives you.you will get stronger and wiser.dont hurt the people that really care about you.if you did that it would devistate them beyond words.ive been through that kind of grief before and its debilitating.to where you cant even stand up.just find some private time to talk with god or jesus as you see him.no words.just you and god in thought and prayer...remember that satan cant read your mind...but he can put things there.you will make it......god bless!

during adolecent period, many youths experience immerse physical and emotional changes and this indirectly put in stress to a person. Sometimes, depression and suicidal thought occur.

Get professional help, talk to someone or do anything positive. Soon you will Get over this stage and grow up to be an experienced adult that can share and help others.

Just hang in there, give yourself more time. Everything shall be OK dear.

thanks to all of yall and i mean i know that i need to srop and it aint easy but i mean i just cant see it if god is so good how come he gives all these people chances that just waste them how come he gives some one a chance to make somthin of there self and they just throw it away and then he gives them another one and i aint never got my chance i aint never had the chance to make somthin of my self.

• 3 weeks later...

god has given you life...the only one that will give you a chance is yourself.ill give you a FACT OF LIFE.and that fact is that if you keep at somthing long enough...no matter how pointless it might seem..and or you dont seem to feel that you are accomplishing your goal..just remember to stick at it and it will pay off..you are 13!!!life will show you what it is that you are ment to do...and if it doesnt?then do what you love.no matter what it is.....JUST DO IT!!!

There are many reasons why you shouldn't end your life, and here are some of the things you will miss out on if you do end it:

1. Having a girlfriend, being in love, getting married.

2. Having children

3. Having grandchildren

4. Enjoying a great career

5. Travelling the world

6. Being with friends

7. Learning new things

8. Becoming famous

9. Helping poor people

10. Experiencing true love

I am sure you can make a list longer than I can. Remember what you will be LOSING, and not gaining, if you choose to take your life. Its a choice you DON'T want to make!!!