should we or shouldn't we???

"Why do we want them back. After all the heartbreak & all the grief why is it so difficult to let go of the hope you have of them returning. We certainly must know our relationship will not be the same and how hard will it be to live with the knowledge that if they left once what would stop them again. Then the heartbreak starts again. It seems to me that most of the people that get left behind are the ones who put the most into trying to find out why the relationship went south. So are not these the better people who look inside themselves & if they find shortcomings are willing to change for the better? Why do we want to go back to someone who has hurt us (probably more than once) by taking their love away?" was posted by solstice48. I exactly feel how solstice is feeling but i had one more question to that. even though we know its their fault and we hate them for it, y is it that we still kinda beg from inside to talk to them even when we know that we still haven't moved on and that talking to them will make things bad for us because it will remind us of all the stuff we did togather as a couple. what advice do u guys have or wat do u guys think?

I think its hope that drives us to act this way. Hope of getting back what we lost at just about any cost. Even though your mind says "what are you doing" the heart says go for it what have you got to loose. Well I think there are some things we might loose by pleading, calling, etc that we do. Among other things self respect. Although 98% of the time none of us will ever get back what was, we hold on to that wee little glimmer of hope that drives us crazy. I'm finding that it takes a lot of courage to go what we're going through & I'm starting to really believe that I'll turn out a better person than she will for going through all this. You have to believe that also. It's a tough road but we will make it and the best thing of all (even though you may not realize it) you'll be a different person, a much better person for the true love that's yours, just around the corner. I hope time will soften the pain I know you have.

If you haven't read the post Everyone who has relationship problems shoud read this, you should. It might light up something in you.