i've broken up with my girlfriend with whom I live with but have not married

depaul

I've lived with my girlfriend nearly eight months. The first 4 months we were happily in love but things began to slowly deteriorate due to jealousy, mistrust and aggression (without violence) on my part. Because of my behavior, she was deeply disenchanted and fell out of love with me. At this point in the relationship she had been two weeks pregnant but we did not know it yet. She decided to stay with me in spite of no longer having the same feeling s for me. Our relationship then grew even more tumoltous. Finally, we've broken up yet still live together because of the pregnancy. I would appreciate your thoughts, thank you.

How long were you together before you moved in with each other? If there's a long history between you two, then I'd recommend figuring out ways to heal the relationship. If you truly believe that it's over though, you should be realistic about making plans to move apart. But I have to wonder, is it possible that pregnancy hormones could be affecting things?

How long were you together before you moved in with each other? If there's a long history between you two, then I'd recommend figuring out ways to heal the relationship. If you truly believe that it's over though, you should be realistic about making plans to move apart. But I have to wonder, is it possible that pregnancy hormones could be affecting things?

Our case is so unusual that you might think that I'm making it up. We knew eachother for about a year before we began dating. She has been married for nearly 8 years but the marriage was on the down side. Her husband traveled much and was barely home. She was simply living under his umbrella at his home. She made all this clear to me when we began dating in mid January of this year. When she revealed our relationship to her husband she decided to move in with me. So she moved in with me 3 weeks after our very first date.

Our relationship is strained, she's moving out 16 weeks pregnant. This morning I pleaded with her to stay yet she insists she needs to be alone to figure things out.

Thank you so much for your reply, Paul.

Archived