how do you feel when you see ex friends commenting online?

phasegirl

I had a fallout with a friend of mine - nothing serious, but lets just say she made a mountain out of a molehill, and before we both knew it, things escalated and now we are not speaking to each other- we haven't spoken to each other in almost a year. But I've been seeing her comments on facebook and other social sites, and lets just say that whenever I see her comments, they make me sick. Nothing that she says - just the fact that seeing her around lets out the worst in me. I get these huge feelings of an injustice having been done to me - not to sound dramatic, but that's just how I feel.

Do any of you feel that way with any ex's or ex friends, etc? These feelings of anxiety, disgust, anger and injustice just consumes me when I see her comments.

Could this be the reason: She at one point wrote over 200 comments about me on someone else's facebook page, discussing why our friendship had failed. Most of them were based on real events that were grossly exaggerated to fit her reasons for being angry with me. I found the comments when I was invited to their page, so maybe that's the reason? When I tried to confront her about it, she simply blocked me.

If she was your ex friend, wouldn't you have deleted her by now?

Either way, I've had my Facebook account deactivated for about a month now, it's actually quite relieving.

Maybe you could try something like that and remove some of the tension you've been feeling.

Yes she is deleted, but we have mutual friends. Also, facebook is not the only social outlet I see her on

I deleted an ex friend for that same reason. Happens to be my brother's wife now too. That said, I have not spoken to my brother. But, I know I wasn't in the wrong, so I don't feel to badly about it at all - though I do miss my brother. I waited a year to delete her, wished her a happy birthday (Fifteen days before mine) and when she didn't wish me one, I pretty much had decided I was done with her. And if my brother wants to be a * * * * * * * and not wish me a happy birthday either because of his wife, I'm done with him too I guess. My only resentment stems from having been there for them so much (co-signed their first place and furnish it, helped them buy their first car, taught them both how to drive, got her her job, drove my brother to work at 4AM for a year before they were able to drive or get a car, and assited them when they bought their first house together), but if they want to be that way, their loss, not mine. Their life is established now and mine is still in the re-building process post-divorce. They pretty much were fair weather friends and I accept that.

Don't give it too much thought, don't let it turn your stomach, just let it go... particuarly if you're sure you've done all you can do to try to mend the friendship. You can't make somebody else not suck and some people just do.

Archived