Reconciliations - only if the dumpee originally respects being dumped?

IceFireSoul

I watched There's Something About Mary last night. Remember Woogie?

OP, there's a little bit of Woogie in all of us. I know you don't believe us when we say we've been there before. After all, it's the greatest pain known to man (or woman). I know you think you can alieviate the pain by feeding the Woogie, but there lies the road to crazy town, my friend. If you go too far, there'll be no coming back.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG! I have not posted for awhile but after reading this thread I almost threw my computer threw the window out of frustration!

I am not even going to try to give any advice cuz you ain't gonna listen. Just let me know your address so I can send you letters in prison.

OMG this made me spit out my drink and went LOL. Ha ha!

I think his name is John. Might want to start out the letter with "Dear John."

I watched There's Something About Mary last night. Remember Woogie?

OP, there's a little bit of Woogie in all of us. I know you don't believe us when we say we've been there before. After all, it's the greatest pain known to man (or woman). I know you think you can alieviate the pain by feeding the Woogie, but there lies the road to crazy town, my friend. If you go too far, there'll be no coming back.

Ha ha ha! That was great!

Well, I am in "no contact" from last Thursday, which means today is Day 5.

This is so stupid! She was crying for me curled in a ball for MONTHS and now does NOT want me, love me, ever want to know me, at all, ever? When I finally realized that I love her forever and ever and that she is my absolutely everything in this very world?

I just don't get it! Why love works in such "mysterious" (terrible) ways?

Well, I am in "no contact" from last Thursday, which means today is Day 5.

This is so stupid! She was crying for me curled in a ball for MONTHS and now does NOT want me, love me, ever want to know me, at all, ever? When I finally realized that I love her forever and ever and that she is my absolutely everything in this very world?

Well done for NC. As to your question underneath, that is the great thing about NC, as time goes on those feelings of her being amazing etc will diminish.

IceFireSoul, there's nothing you can do now, bit through it..

If she is meant for you, she will come back! If she isn't then so be it!

Maybe after a few months, you'll bump into her, and sparks will fly again.. But for now, lay low, work on yourself, get yourself back to who you were or become a better person!

Your first step is to get past the "I just don't get it" phase. Lots of people here -- probably most -- have had an ex leave without clear motive or explanation. It's not the exception; it's normal.

Initial acceptance is difficult, I know, but as long as you stick to the "How is this possible?" theme, you will continue to delay your recovery and annoy others. She had her reasons. That much is a fact. You don't have to agree with her decision, but you should show some empathy and respect for her side of the equation.

Besides, your story doesn't seem as enigmatic as many, including my own. Didn't she simply leave for another guy? Those breakups are the easiest to understand.

Archived