If you're not sure...

If you can't make up your mind over whether you like a girl and whether you want anything serious with her or not, even after having gone on a couple of dates with her, is it fair to say that you should probably forget the idea?

I've met up with this girl a couple of times, just going for coffee with her, and she hardly says anything. It's always me starting the conversations. Sure, she could be shy as I'm shy too, but not 1-to-1. Her laugh kind of annoys me too, but except these 2 things, I do quite like her as she's different, kind, genuine, physically attractive and so on. I'm not sure whether I'm just using the 2 negative things as excuses because I don't want to get hurt again by someone leaving my life (she's moving back to the U.S in October and I live in the U.K). I could really do with a girl closer to home and I wouldn't want her to stay just for me. Maybe that says something, I don't know. There's someone I like who lives nearer to home, so maybe I should concentrate on getting talking to her.

It seems to me like this girl could have a crush on you

she hardly says anything. It's always me starting the conversations. Sure, she could be shy as I'm shy too, but not 1-to-1
Either that or she just trying to be polite. From my experience I think it's fair to say that they're girls that are simply shy and can't help it. Now I'm not saying this is an excuse for her to be quiet but it might take a little longer for her to 'come out of her shell', so to speak.

You say this girl is going back to the USA soon? I suggest you think long and hard before getting involved in any kind of serious commitment with her as long distance relationship can be very difficult to say the least.

I hope I've helped you anyways.

Good luck!

I don't think there's much of a spark between you and this girl. Believe me, if her laugh already annoys you, it will only get worse. Plus, you say she doesn't talk much. There has to be some kind of chemistry/connection, and I don't see one here. I'd break if off gently if I were you.

Yeh I think you're all right. I should focus on finding someone nearer home because this girl will be moving thousands of miles away soon and I don't want a long distance relationship. Been there and done that and although I had the commitment, the other person didn't. And then there was my last girlfriend. We were together for about 8 months and then she moved to Australia with her job. Right now I could do with some stability and besides, if some traits about this girl annoy me, it's not exactly the recipe for a great chemistry, you're right.