Some guys and girls alike are really good at playing on other people’s feelings and I found myself in that situation now. My ex and I met up last Friday, despite the advice of many who told me to leave him in the past. But I just had to. So I got myself in this situation where uncertainty is up in the air, will we end up in a committed relationship with each other again? It has been a day and a half since we last had any contact with each other and I finally couldn’t take it anymore. I texted him today, (I said hi, he said it back, then I asked him if he was busy, he said no, and then I asked him if I could call him, he said yes, and I called him), he put the movie he was watching on pause and we talked on the phone for twenty minutes. I told him that I have been missing him and thinking a lot about him and us in particular. He told me that he felt the same way, that he has been thinking a lot about us as well. He also told me that he does not have time for a serious relationship right now, that he is kind of scared that another guy would steal me away from him. It was a relief to hear him say that. We also talked about when we could hang out next and he said not anytime soon cuz he has two jobs, meaning he has to work 7 days a week. But that also leaves things hanging at the same time. What are we now? Friends who have feelings for each other? Friends who are dating? He has agreed to call me every now and then. He also told me that he doesn’t talk to a lot of people outside of work and that he doesn’t text that often either. So far he hasn’t made any initiative to contact me and so I am really not sure as to what to think and whether what he said is one hundred percent true.

What do you guys think?

Any advice, opinion, suggestion, feedback is welcomed. I just want your impact and your two cents in this. I do value what you guys have to say. Thank you.

He's saying this:

"I don't want to commit to a relationship with you because you do not mean enough to me to make time for you. But I don't want anyone else to have you."

Best situation for any man (or woman) - you don't need to give anything at all in a relationship but you can expect the world from the person you have wrapped around your finger.

I'd tell him this: he can either find time for you and date you, or you will be strong and find someone else who will.

**Edit** And what you are you guys? You're broken up. Bottom line.

Hi Lucasky,

Thank you for your advice. One of the main reasons why we broke up in the past was because I was too serious and so I refuse to act the same way this time around. I am not even going to tell him anything anymore in regards to what has to happen if he does indeed want to be in a committed relationship with me, I will just let this go and see where things go from here. And still talk to and date other guys on the side. To be honest with you, I don't even know if I want to be with him again (even though the feelings are still there). So yeah.

I love the way you interpreted what he said and it makes sense to me. I just don't know why I never realized what it meant until you told me. Again, thanks for your feedback.

Notgivingup

I think we all have things we regret. I am one of those people no matter how terrible the person was to me i dont regret dating them because they made me happy. We all have regrets off what could have been done better, but it all realization if they really wanted to be with us they would be right now. As time goes by we(dumpee's) realize we are better off without these people(dumpers). I will also tell you from experience once you get broken up with that person(dumpee) will go back to the person u fell for sooner or later and you may regret breaking up with them if they were truly good people and love the dumper alot. Ill tell you from being a dumpee which i usually am just look up be happy and be yourself. Do u think anyone wants to date someone who is sad all the time? no. Be happy about urself if there are things you need to change then change them, but do it for u. Read the laws of attraction for those who just get broken up the jist of it is to focus on urself and know that whatever happens you are u and u will be happy.

Archived