broke NC...yikes, now what?

My boyfriend and I have been split for 5 weeks now. We had 2 weeks of absolute NC, then we slowly started talking again...we went out on tues, and wed and thurs texted each other back and forth the whole day. Well, I'm thinking I might have got a little too excited...I'm scared he's backing off...can I re-start NC for a couple days now? Is it too late? And how do you know if your ex wants to get back w/ u? One minute he was saying things that made me think he did, but he still seems VERY cautious, as he didnt return my text today. Time for me to lay off I think....any tips/advice? THANKS!

Go back to no contact for a while.

He didn't return your text so perhaps he's undecided. It's hard not to get your hopes up when you care about someone but you can't let the other person play games.

Focus on yourself right now and try to do things that have nothing to do with him. Hope I helped and good luck.

Take care,

eve

how have u guys gotten through NC...like wat do u do when you want to contact them? what gets ur mind off it? this is soo tempting since we were finally starting to talk alot...maybe he's just busy since he's at work..and it wasnt something like a question that he HAD to respond to...well im still gunna do NC...if anyone has any good tips to help survive NC lemme know!

Hey Manda,

I hope I'm not too late. Don't contact him yet!!!

If you feel like contacting him then get up here instead. Call a friend. Write in your journal. Get up and exercise or dance. Go jogging, biking, or hiking. Anything that gets you moving and the endorphins moving. I think that's what they are called. Find a new hobby. Join a gym or a club of some kind.

It is up to him to return the email. You sent the last one, it's only polite to acknowledge it. I think you should hold out at least for a week or two. Even longer if you can. Believe me, he'll be wondering what you were up to. Let him wonder.

no its not too late...im here b/c i WANT to break the NC, but i know i shouldnt! sorry, but i dont think i can wait a week or two...in fact, we spoke about getting together sometime next week again...so i will eventually need to contact him about that. its just so hard b/c we had started talking again...what a tease.