Yesterday I was supposed to meet up with my ex for the first time in a month since our break-up. It was my idea to get together, but I left the day and time open for whenever he wanted and he said Wednesday he didn't have plans so he said he would call me sometime the next day. He never called! Finally at 8:00 I called his house and he had just woken up from a nap, and he said he was really sorry but he'd forgotten about our plans and that he had to go out for one of his girl friend's birthdays. I was so pissed inside, but I played it cool and told him to have a good time and that I would talk to him later (click). He immediately called back and left a voicemail on my cell saying how sorry he was and that he had truly forgotten, yada yada yada, and that he would call in a couple of days. I called him back and said it didn't bother me (even though there was steam coming out of my ears) and he said "I'm not trying to play mind-games with you, I truly forgot about our plans." Then he asked if I had plans Saturday and I told him "yes, I'm busy that day." He said he would call soon, and told me goodbye. Truthfully I'm so pissed about this, especially since it goes to show how high I am on his priority list. Even though he may have really forgotten about our plans (still doubtful on this), he has completely proven to me how much he doesn't care about me anymore. I thought we could be friends but it's obvious that he won't make the effort to choose me over other people. As much as it hurts, I think the best thing for me to do is not take his calls anymore. What do you guys think?

Cut Him Loose!

This is nothing more than a power game with him. Wheter he did this on purpose or not, it is nothing more than a power game with him. Dont give him any more power over your feelings. I dont think he ment to hurt you but it was definitly something he did to make himself feel stronger than you.

hi, i split with my boyfriend in november after 4 years living together and it was his decision as he'd met someone else! by christmas he started calling me up all the time and we got close again although i had started dating again and getting over him so i didn't want to get back together! being close friends though felt great, we had every part that was good with us but without the sh*t stuff! so anyway i met a guy in feb and have been seeing him on and off since then, but have kept my ex close, we met up once a week to watch dvds and stuff. however last month i went into hospital and he didn't even call, i thought it was strange and kept asking him about it and just last night he told me, after me asking him over and over for weeks if he was seeing someone, that he was ! the same girl we split over! I told him i couldn't care less who he was seeing but that i am a part of his life and i don't want him to shut me out. he said he won't but thats exactly what he is doing! my honest opinion is that guys cannot juggle priorities. He is not trying to hurt you, but by being selfish he is. I also think my ex's girlfriend doesn't like us being so close so is putting pressure on him not to see me. maybe yours is similar. Make sure he is not top of your list, but always be there for him, just not at his beck and call! Wait until he calls you and finds the space for you in his life that you deserve. And don't feel bad, i honestly think its just a guy thing! not an excuse but at least you are not alone ! x

hey been thinking about it and Jake is right, cut him loose thats what i'm gonna do! who the hell do they think they are anyway? Jake its good to know there are guys like you about!

P.S is it bad that i feel good about the fact my ex's new g/f is fat and unattractive? ....................Don't answer that ! haha

My ex has told me the same thing, and I know he didn't forget. If you like being friends with him I say keep him around, but make sure it is only as a friend. We are there for our friends and support them, but we don't drop everything to run when they call. I have a hard time remembering that myself, but it makes things easier when I do. He is no more important than any of my other friends, actually he's the low friend on the totem pole cause we broke up for a reason.

I dont think giving the silent treatment or no contact to an ex is malicious or mean, its something I did it to help me heal. You have to make yourself strong during this time and deal with alot of emotions. I personally cant be friends with my ex although that is what he wants, but when he broke up with me he told me I wasnt good enough for him(because of my career, money, ects) that he wanted more from a relationship in that respect. Its hard to be friends with someone when they tell you things like your a great person and fun to be with but not relationship material because your not "economically viablile". I guess what Im getting at is if you can be friends with your ex and not take every little thoughtless thing they do personally then go for it, but I cant do that (maybe emotionally weak). I have to admit I'm still close friends with one of my ex's but that was because we both decided it was'nt going to work out and left on great terms. I guess it depends on the situtaion (ie. getting dumped, ex cheating on you, stealing from you, ect.) on how to deal with someone. i not sure where this is going so Im going to collect my thought and try again later.