Should I mention it or drop it?

GoldFox3840

OK, I met a girl at work, and we seemed to hit it off pretty well. We hung out one time outside of work more as friends, and at the end I told her I'd like to take her out sometime, to which she agreed. A week later we got together after work and spent the evening together, and we made out at the end of the night. After that she brought up making plans to go out on Wednesday, and I told her I'd call her after I got off work that day, at 6 pm. When I called, she didn't answer, so I left a message, telling her I was done at work, and to call me back when it was convenient. That was Wednesday night, and I haven't heard from her since.

I'm thinking it's most likely she's had second thoughts, and isn't sure how to tell me. Or maybe wants to slow down. She did have a bit to drink the night we kissed.

Anyway, I will see her at work for a little while tomorrow. One of my friends tells me I should just let it go, just be friendly and not bring up anything. Another friend says maybe she had a phone mishap and that I should mention that I hadn't heard from her in a while, and was hoping everything was okay.

I guess I'm just looking for some other people's opinions.

Fox you did what you said you were going to do. No need to put anymore effort. If she is interested she will get back to you.

Hey, Guy, thanks for your input. I pretty much agree with you, I guess I'm just worried that maybe somehow my message didn't get through, and I'll come off as the jerk who never contacted her when I promised I would.

But I'll probably just drop it and not bother her about it, just act friendly.

Thanks again

I don't think you have to ask her why she didn't pick up. Sounds like you're assuming she doesn't want to talk to you when the explanation could be as simple as a phone mishap. When you see her next time just be friendly and mention casually that you called her but the phone rang without an answer.

I don't think you have to ask her why she didn't pick up. Sounds like you're assuming she doesn't want to talk to you when the explanation could be as simple as a phone mishap. When you see her next time just be friendly and mention casually that you called her but the phone rang without an answer.

I'd like to be able to casually bring it up, but I'm not sure how to do that without sounding at all clingy, especially after just two dates.

Archived