Give her a sunflower instead of a rose???

I went out with this really nice girl the other day and I wanted to do something different for her when she gets out of work. She has had a tough week, dealing with a death in the family and all. I have been giving her her space, but wanted to do something to help cheer her up, even for just a few minutes. She works right down the street from my house and I was thinking of surprising her by meeting her at her car after she gets off of work. It would only be for a few minutes since I have to get to school, but I figure at least I would be able to see her. Instead of giving her the traditional rose, I was thinking of giving her something like a sunflower. I've never given anyone a sunflower before, but for some reason, I thought it would be pretty cool to give her something different, at least for now. I figure a sunflower would be cute, but not so serious. I think something serious would be the last thing on her mind right now.

Hey, my suggestion would be How about 2 Roses, a combination of color is better than just one straight YELLOW and thats it. Plus a sunflower is kinda Big, while a Rose is more meaningful to a women, But having 2 i think is your best bet..

I would go with Yellow and Purple, with a White ribbon around, maybe even some baby breath (those little white buds) inside.

(@) (@)

Or Ask the ones who know best. A florist they can help you better with color selection.

wickedbusa,

I think a sunflower sounds like a great idea for a gift, its not something one normally thinks to give someone, and it would probobly be well received. My only reservation about your idea is surprising her as she goes to her car after work. Depending on how well you know each other, and weither you have run into each other in that situation before, it might make her a little uncomfortable, since its not simply meeting to talk., but you're expecting to runm into each other to bring her something. As nice as a surprise might be, it may come off as a little bit creepy/stalker, although that is not its intention. You might just want to call her and ask if you can meet her after work, if you haven't seen her in a few days i'm sure she wouldn't mind, then when you get together you can give her the flower, which I'm sure she will appreciate.

Thats just my take on it though.

Best of luck to you,

mtastic

I know the yellow is for friendship right? What does the purple one signify? You'll have to excuse my ignorance, my whole life I have been giving red roses and nothing else

Mtastic,

I see your point. I will take your advice and give her a call before meeting her. I don't want her to think that I am a stalker or anything like that. That wouldn't exactly go off too well, especially since I go to school with her.

Personally, I wouldn't do flowers at all right now. You just went out on a date with her and yes, she's dealing with a death right now but I don't know - just not flowers yet, you know?

However, I would send a card via mail to either her home or work address. An encouragement or something along those lines. Just keep it light and friendly. See how things develop.

Best of luck,

Maverick

I sent her a card to her email address the day I found out. She sent me a reply telling me how sweet it was for me to send her something like that. That was the last time I had any contact with her. I'm not sure what I am going to do, but as for now, I am keeping everything on the lighter side of things. I'm giving her time to spend with her family and have already told her that I am here for her. Should I just leave it at that? Either way, I am supposed to see her in a few days since we are in the same learning team at school.

You know, girls are a funny thing. My experience has been that I can say something to them or even send something via email but they tend to like something like a card that was bought for them. It's simple but I think they like the thought that goes into it.

I'd still say just send the card. Keep it a light card and just wishing her encouragement and that she can talk to you. Don't be too romantic in it. Just keep it light. If you think you can flirt with her within the card, you can try that but keep it light and funny if you can.

Best of luck,

Maverick

Well first of all the girl already thinks your sweet (which isnt gonna help your position any). Stopping by her car and giving her flowers is a really bad idea. That would be overkill, its obvious that you care about her feeling sad and she knows that. I would say you are on pretty shaky territory because she is gonna have quite a bit of down time (which usually indicates bad timiing, for what you have in mind). Be friendly with her but let her be the one to make the next move, if she wants to give you a call then she will otherwise she wont call. By meeting her at her car for a few minutes and giving her flowers you are giving your position away and it will scare her away. Give her space and let her come to you.

UPDATE - She called me last night and is sounding SO much better. She told me that although she is still a little depressed about what happened, she is also tired of constantly being sad. So, instead of surprising her like I originally intended to do, I am going to take her out to lunch on Friday since it is my day off. She actually even seemed relieved that her and I were going to do something together again. Everything is back on track and her and I are picking up right where we left off. It was bad timing, but then again, is there ever a right time to die? I keep y'all posted!