My friend told me he was raped by his bestfriend..

Ive known my friend fora year now and he is those passive sweet types who is also old fashion..

.. Well he just broke up with his girlfriend and needed some comfort.. i was at work so I couldnt come but his bestfriend, Stacy, came instead.. That night I called stacy and she bragged how she raped my friend lets say his name is tom..

.. Ofcourse i told tom and he was so upset.. So now stacy is bragging that she slept with him.. and he is totally out of it..

I told him to tell the police.. but he is completely afraid they wont believe him.. what should I do to help him..

I think that the best thing that you can do to help is to listen to him. Ask him what happened and let him tell you all the details, even if you don't want to hear them. Getting the whole thing out will probably help. ask him how he feels and what he thinks about, when a woman gets raped she is and always will be afraid of the person who did it. He might be feeling the same thing. Also, try to talk him into going to the police. Don't make him, but try to get him to go on his own!

-Good luck!

Seriously though... How does that work? I mean, he's got to be consenting if he's erect. The only way I could understand a male being raped would be by another male (which would demand the same respect and action as a woman being raped)... I'm asking because I'm curious from a legal standpoint.

Thx

Seriously though... How does that work? I mean, he's got to be consenting if he's erect. The only way I could understand a male being raped would be by another male (which would demand the same respect and action as a woman being raped)... I'm asking because I'm curious from a legal standpoint.

Thx

Even many FEMALES when they are raped may get lubricated, etc. That is why many have a problem reporting it, because of the biological factors that happened in the meantime - they feel guilty maybe they really "wanted it" - though we all know this is NOT the case.

It is biology, men can get erect at naked pictures, why not at a naked girl? He can get aroused by the situation, not necessarily consenting to sexual intercourse - sometimes our biological responses do not match up with out mind/heart.

For you to confront stacy you are going to have to be forward with her. Ask her why she did it and so on and so forth. But there isn't really a WAY to confront her. Just do it. And she is probably going to get mad at you and deny the whole raping thing, she will probably say that he wanted it too. But for you to confront, you need to just pull her aside and tell her that you want to know what happened and why. And tell her you don't want any BS. be firm!

how old are you guys anyways?

If he is around the age of 13 is a posibility that the female may be stronger than the male. I just don't understand how she over power him.

Anyways, you might want to make her confest....or even record it, it may be helpfull in the future in some way.

I can't quite get it either, my I think she might be older than him...

Or she was very aggressive....

I wouldn't mind getting rape by a girl, unless she wan't attractive.....but yet again it wouldn't be called rape.

I'm really having some troubles picturing it.

I saw this one show....looong time ago, when the married couple didn't have sex for month, until the wife got piss, and in the morning she tied up her husband, and she had sex with him, then he file a divorced and a law suit....

thats what this reminds me of.

For your friend, I tihnk you should talk to him, ask him a lot of questions, but not at the same time. Make him comfortable, tell him that he didn't do anything wrong, try to make him open up to you.

• 4 years later...

Just because a man is hard does not mean consent....

It is a misconception to think a male has that much control over that part of the body (little to none)

It is quite possible to force an erection,

Think an unconscious (drunk or drugged etc) male can not get an erection? never woken up with morning wood or it happen on a bus or a supermarket or work against your will.. the mind has little control on getting it to just go away.....

the body responds as it is suppose to do when stimulated

it can be confusing erection does not equal wanting it. its the nerve endings responding to touch pleasant or not pleasant.

all rape victims suffer in many different ways.

Male Rape happens...

It just not as well known because the man is too embarrased to talk about it...

Thx

Stimulation to a penis can cause a physiological response that is stronger that a mental response. The mental response is that they don't want it, but the physiological response sends blood down to do it's thing.

Unless I'm completely mistaken, vagina's can still get wet through stimulation even if you don't consent.

I can't quite get it either, my I think she might be older than him...

Or she was very aggressive....

I wouldn't mind getting rape by a girl, unless she wan't attractive.....but yet again it wouldn't be called rape.

I'm really having some troubles picturing it.

I saw this one show....looong time ago, when the married couple didn't have sex for month, until the wife got piss, and in the morning she tied up her husband, and she had sex with him, then he file a divorced and a law suit....

thats what this reminds me of.

For your friend, I tihnk you should talk to him, ask him a lot of questions, but not at the same time. Make him comfortable, tell him that he didn't do anything wrong, try to make him open up to you.

Comments like that are just stupid and disrespectful to rape victims. Yes, you would mind being RAPED by a girl, because rape is a forceful, violent, unwanted sexual act.

It can happen man-on-woman, man-on-man, woman-on-man, or woman-on-woman. Regardless of the biological responses, it is rape if there is no consent. An erection =/= consent. As a man, you should know that erections can happen for a number of reasons. Besides which, many women who are raped experience vaginal lubrication and even orgasms. Your body betrays you sometimes. It does not mean you were willing and it's a factor that many rape victims feel extreme guilt and disgust over, thinking they wanted it.