Hi everyone, I need to seriously vent right now. I had a really heated discussion with someone close to me (S) and it really upset me. I went to hang out with a lifeguard at a swimming pool next to the school where I work at, it wasn't a date but a simple hang out where we were hoping to get to know each other better. I like him and he likes me. S labelled that as a date and got all upset with me because I went out on a date with one of my coworkers which would jeopardize my job. Now I know thats true, but it hasn't got to that point yet and it might never even get to that point. I guess you can call him my coworker, but not really. I also know that I don't deal well when I deal with guys that I like, but I am not stupid enough to jeopardize my job for someone I barely know. S immediately jumped to conclusions accusing me of choosing to go to the pool just to see him. I went there because the student I was working with got switched over to P.E. and I didn't want to deal with the two other kids in that class. Not because of him. Why should I avoid seeing him? Even when I got to the pool, I barely exchanged any words with him. I was still upset and frustrated over yesterday. She was giving me this big lecture about what I should have and shouldn't have done. The more I try to explain to her that she is wrong, the more off topic what she told me got and the more angrier that I became. It got to the point where 1) she is not going to give me her opinion anymore (unless I ask for it) and 2) I just want to hang up the phone with her. I felt like she was acting like my mother and I am incapable of changing and handling my own business.

Don't bother trying to tell people or convince them they are wrong. Just live your life and be happy. Your friend is messing in your business and should just butt out. Thank her sweetly for her advice and then just do what you think is right.

edit: maybe she has motives - like she likes him herself, or is worried that you will get all wrapped up with him and forget your friends, or she is jealous of your potential happiness or maybe she just likes drama

Hi shuttlefish,

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I have always care way too much about what other people think about me and my actions and maybe that is why I let little things like that bother me so much. Which just ends up bringing me a lot of unnecessarily drama. I know that S cares and loves me, but she is unable to understand why I did what I did and I am unable to convince her why I got so upset with her. So now, I've hurt and disappointed her and I'm upset and frustrated with her. I don't think I will be talking to her for a while now. Guess I will be posting more on ENA from now on.

Notgivingup

Archived