Nervous about Ovarian Cancer

I recently posted about my mother who is 60 and they found blood in her urine. Her stool came out fine. They tested the urine again and still found blood. They did a urine culture and he said there is bacteria but it is not a UTI. I thought that was weird b/c i figured if there is bacteria--that's a UTI. He said he doesn't know where it is coming from and would like to do a sonogram of kidneys and bladder.

My friend who is a nurse thinks he should have been able to tell more from the urine culture and probably wants to order more tests to use insurance. She even said it says on her paper they did an HIV test and where we are that illegal without the patients consent.

Nevertheless my mother also has been passing gas ALOT more frequently for probably a year. Just randomly and also sounding like it is hard to do. Even my father said you never did this before. She mentioned the other night to my friend about her stomach is all swollen.

I read online these are signs of ovarian cancer. I am almost crying. She is getting a pap done next week and she hasnt gone in years which isn't good.

I feel so scared and sad. My whole world is going to end if she is sick. I am paranoid as it is about cancer in general so when stuff like this happens i can't help but be worried.

It just seems like it is very bad news especially since i look back and can say her gas definitely changed over the year. She also has a dropped bladder

Wouldnt they have been able to spot signs from the blood and urine? Hope someone can help.

Archived