I've woken this morning feeling very sad.

It's Thursday once again, my day off, what was our day.

This girl has really effected me, never before have I been So hurt, no matter what I am doing I see her face, she's smiling at me, she's telling me how special I am and how she wants a life with me.

I miss her So much, day 39 nc now and still that terrible feeling of loss hits me, I feel so empty without her, us, I've truly lost my love, my world.

Will I ever recover ? I don't know, for now the tears stream down my face.

I love you ex, I wish you were mine x

Earlier this year, a girl with whom I had a long term, long distance, releationship was meant to visit me for a week in my home city. I had the time booked off work, tickets purchased to take her places and generally, a great week planned out. She was meant to come on sunday the 23rd of Janurary and call me when her flight landed; the call never came and neither did she. Not only that, I recieved no contact from her to explain anything, she just didn't come and that was that.

I went back to work that monday instead of taking the leave. I can't describe how I felt that monday morning as I woke up and made my daily commute but I can tell you that I have never felt so low in all my life.

But, it's three months later and whilst I am anything but happy with what happened, I think less and less about it. Your situiation WILL improve, just keep your chin up.

It's been 2 months for me and it's better. It stings and still feels like there's some lingering hope for "us", but those are some dangerous thoughts right there. Things do get better After my relationship, I did things that made me happy - things that wouldn't make me feel guilty afterwards, such as going to a shooting range. Go with someone that will have fun with you. It's great for any frustrations. Doesn't have to be that, but something that's warm and comforting - a sense of support for yourself.

Thank-you equinox.

I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you. I'm glad you're getting there.

Cheers mate. Ultimatly, your situiation will improve too. As the above poster says, get out and do some active stuff to keep your mind ticking over. Personally, I hit the weights at the gym hard and I've gained a few pounds in the last three months (not fat! ).

I've woken this morning feeling very sad.

It's Thursday once again, my day off, what was our day.

This girl has really effected me, never before have I been So hurt, no matter what I am doing I see her face, she's smiling at me, she's telling me how special I am and how she wants a life with me.

I miss her So much, day 39 nc now and still that terrible feeling of loss hits me, I feel so empty without her, us, I've truly lost my love, my world.

Will I ever recover ? I don't know, for now the tears stream down my face.

I love you ex, I wish you were mine x

Damn do I know how you feel. We had our own day too....well actually It was the whole weekend but still. I know how hard it is to get to that day and then wake up and think "Yes! I get to see her today!" only to realize that they are gone. It really hurts.

Sorry you feel so down, your not alone though, if you need someone to talk to I'm here for you.

Thanks Garret,

I guess its hard for us all my friend hence us being here, its not fait that we have to give up the things we love most in the world

I sometimes think that it was not meant to be but then i think of her and well, you know the rest.

Hope youre ok fella

Hey Steve,

I really admire your candidness and honesty. I believe that you wear your heart on your sleeve similarly to how I do although you seem to be able to better articulate your emotions. You have some great personality traits right there. Many women would admire that I reckon and I know you dont want any other women - just as I didnt and to an extent still dont... But Im nearly day 60 and slowly but surely it gets a little better. There are still days where you feel awful but slowly but surely the trend does go upwards. I think your doing a fine job of moving on by being open and honest, not hiding away or pretending anything. Keep going mate, lots of people gunning for you

Cheers Kev,

Its good of you to say all of that mate, others may just have said dont be a wimp and man up, i cant do that, you would not believe that im 6'2, well built and ex military and police, soft as you like though sadly.

Thanks again mate

Oh and Equinox, if its starting to sound like that, Good, its what we are here for is it not ? bit of bonding never hurt anyone

cry it out guys, never let anyone tell you you are weak for that...ever...on the contrary you are so much stronger!!!! it is not natural to supress emotion and that includes tears!

when society learns this it will be to late for all the sheep! (no welsh jokes steve ha)

jonesy

dont worry steve....hey man i cried for the first time in weeks yesterday and almost crashed my car as i was crying so hard, because i had just given back my son....you know in the place i used to work, and have to deal with customers and run a dept and deal with about 30 staff members constantly....when i first when through this i had tears in my eyes continuously, especially when nobody knew they would always ask whats up with ya eyes????

i dunno how i got through that but i never replied...."ive just had to run off the shop floor to hide in the mens toilet cubicles and sob quietly into my hands for 5 mins so the other men in there won't hear me"!

keep going man....just let e flow....sc..re..w everyone else so what if they some bloke sobbing....i used to say man up all the time you mate...i will never say it again to anyone...i learnt a valuable lesson in my own healing that if you smile, a frown will follow, if your happy sadness will follow and if you cry relief will follow....and vice versa....

its good to cry....you will get to a strong point in yourself when you just think...I HAVE HAD ENOUGH....then it only really gets better from there but times will still be hard.....i thought man im done...im over my ex, almost 5 months now...then sunday set me back and ive been struggling since, i dunno what happened...just when i thought id reached the top of the mountain i realised theres an even bigger mountain to climb.....but ya know what ive done, tightened up my laces, took a long deep breath and carried on cos i and you alike will never be beaten ever!!!!!!!

keep going bro!!!!

jonesy!

Archived