What actions say I'm sorry to a brother?

So, I asked my brother if I could borrow his car and on my way home, I honked at a car and the car kept hooking and stopped. Out of panic, I called my brother at home panicking - not knowing what to do and for a matter of fact, I didn't know what to do at all.

Eventually, someone actually was sweet enough to call the sheriff to help me out. Then I was actually able to drive home and on the way, I try to call my brother to let him know that I was okay. Unfortunately, 1) In the morning, my mom borrowed his phone. 2) i called the house and he wasn't there. So I drove home, hoping that the redial on the phone actually had his friend's number or something/someone to tell me where he was.

I came home, waiting for his call home and I was in deep . He was pissed off. He told me he was at a gar station near the place I said I was. I was no where near the house. Probably about 2.2 miles away. I drove up to the gas station and I saw him, pissed off with a battery charger (not very light, btw).

On our way home, he cried. To be honest, he's very sensitive and very much a push-over. And I'm concerned that he was sick of being that way, or just royally pissed at me.

I want to find a way to say sorry without a sense of bribery. I'm really concerned for him and I don't know what to do other than saying sorry I'm a strong believer in actions-speaking-louder-than-words. What do I do?

Bribe him silly. Buy him something unabashedly over the top that you know he'll love. Throw yourself down at his mercy and go ape. Serve him the best meal of his life and anything else his heart desires to make it up to him. If you don't have him laughing in short order, you're not dramatic enough.

You have a wonderful brother. Tell him you're the luckiest girl in the world.

Thanks everyone

@ catfeeder, great suggestion, but for some reason, bribery just sounds like something I should do for a child XD. We're not really materialistic people, but well, I'll try it, kinda. I'm very naturally subtle, so I guess I should push the envelope a little more.

@shortnr, In this situation, I would have to say I didn't really do a lot wrong. Kinda did things that a human being would do, but over the years, I'll be honest: I think I've taken advantage of my brother being always there for me. He's a great brother and growing up did a lot of things with me. All-in-all... let's just say people in my family have problems showing gratitude. We're all fairly close and affectionate, but the only thing is really showing gratitude. So really? He's under-appreciated, by not only me, but I'd have to say a lot of people. Plus, would you be happy if you were running around for about an hour and half looking for your little sister in high 80-ish weather with no wind? I don't blame hime for being mad for just that fact.

Archived