God has a sense of humor

Ya know sometimes I wonder about the way the world works. I was going home from work the other day and decided to stop off at my favorite bar for a drink. I came in scanned the bar for a stool and sat down. I ordered my beer and started texting friends about my day. There were a few other people seated at the bar as well but I paid them no attention. After about 15 minutes I started to look around. There were two girls seated to my right, one bar stool away. I gave them a quick glance and went back to typing. I looked back a couple of minutes later and thought the girl seated next to me, who had her back to me, looked familiar. I then realised with absolute horror it was my ex fiance. She had left me 14 months ago after a relationship of 14 years. I quickly asked the bar tender to settle my bill but as I got up to leave she turned around and said “What, you’re not even going to say hello?”

I was like a deer caught in the headlights. I said a gruff Hi, and she asked me how I was. I answered , “Good”, got my change and left. I haven’t heard from her in 7 months and was quite content to keep it that way.

Even though I’m over her I have to admit it kinda hurt. I spent a sleepless night tossing and turning. I find myself starting to get back to normal at work this morning but I have to wonder if contact of a mere 90 seconds or so can give me those kind of emotions what would being trapped in an elavator with her do to me

It’s not that I want her back, because after what happened I don’t. But god help me she’s does have the power to unsettle me even after all this time.

If you got trapped in an elevator....well... I know what I would try ^^

But seriously, things like that are sent to test us. For you you chose to just walk of and not look back, but what if you sat and got talking....could you have fallen for her again!? Its just one of those things, but if your not interested in reconciling I would say you have made the right move just walking out

Its completely natural for her to have that effect on you. Just don't worry about it, you did the right thing in my mind

Holy Hannah, huh?! I can't imagine, I guess if it were me I could only imgaine I'd feel like someone knocked the wind out of me. You handled yourself great, and you were tested, and you passed. I'd imagine some of it was because you were caught off guard, but you kept your cool regardless. I hate the feeling of knowing they can still have such a hold on a heart, it almost is a cruel joke. Glad you're getting yourself collected more as the day goes on, and hopefully will have a better nights sleep tonight.

Oooh heavy irony. I bet when you first broke up you took a bunch of trouble to avoid running into her (I know I've done this kind of thing) and then when you least expect it - bang! If it's any consolation, I willing to bet that she had a sleepless night as well.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - -- Francois Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

If you got trapped in an elevator....well... I know what I would try ^^

But seriously, things like that are sent to test us. For you you chose to just walk of and not look back, but what if you sat and got talking....could you have fallen for her again!? Its just one of those things, but if your not interested in reconciling I would say you have made the right move just walking out

Its completely natural for her to have that effect on you. Just don't worry about it, you did the right thing in my mind

No, I've been quite happy on my own for the last year and a bit. I'm at a place where I could take it or leave it. I'm not into the whole friendship thing. If she ever wanted to reconcile (which I'm sure she doesn't) well she'd have to make all the moves and come up with some sort of ironclad garauntee that she'd changed. We had an on again off again relationship for 14 years. I was never quite good enough for her somehow and when she left the last time I just didn't have the energy anymore to try and pursue her. So I just let it go. She sent me a message on my birthday last September but it was just a can we be friends kind of thing and as I said, thats not in my nature.

Because of the 14 years we spent together, she can still tug on my heart strings once in a while. But I'm just too tired of the whole thing to put myself through that again.

To be honest the moment I realised it was her an absolute wave of panic swept over me for a second. But then I said, Ah, what the hell, paid for my bill and left. I did love her with all my heart at one time, but I just got tired of the cycle of I love you, I don't love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I need to find someone who can fulfill my dreams yoyo.

I need to find someone who can fulfill my dreams yoyo.
I hope you meant it was like a yoyo, and not that she called ya one Just kidding, but when I first read it I was like "WTH?! Who would say not only are you not fulfilling my dreams, but throws in calling them a "yoyo" too?" ...like adding insult to injury...took me a second LOL Ahhh that gave me a good laugh LOL

Archived