What does a girl mean when she says this?

A few weeks ago, I posted in reference to a girl I met in my first semester in college. At first I didn't even find her that physically attractive, but as time progressed, I started liking her. Despite her rather ambiguous signals (mixed signals that seemed rather flirtatious - touching, smiling, looking for me on campus), she was already in a long distance relationship with her b/f and remains with him to this day.

I got over, but I have a question. Over the course of the semester, she once told me that I "would make the perfect b/f" because I was a mix of many qualities and was good all around - humorous, sweet, sarcastic, etc. It was actually another friend that said it, and this girl firmly agreed.

To the ladies (and fellas) on this site - What did she mean by that? Why is a girl with a boyfriend saying that.. and by the way, she never talked ONCE about her boyfriend to me. Was she maybe implying that if she was single, she'd be with me? Just interested in what you all have to say.

Thanks.

uhhhhh.....YA i think she was implying that. honestly if you two were really close friends or something, then it could be just in a nice reassuring way. but from your post, it doesnt seem like that. so yes, you can rest your mind in knowing that she wanted you but she didnt want to cross any lines because she had a bf. maybe she was going through a rough time, and she turned to you as a crush. either way ya she did.

She may have been implying that. But seeing as she does have a boyfriend...maybe just become better friends with her and innocently ask about her bf one day. Long distance relationships don't always do so well, so maybe she'll be for the taking before you know it!