Deciding between two girls

Sam _

I'm not sure if I really am deciding between two girls or anything.

One girl lives in my town and we get along great. We had our first date not too long ago and my best friend is the one who set us up, and she never sets me up with any girl unless she knows full well they are compatible and right for me. The date turned out very well and we had a lot of fun together, everything sort of just clicked right.

The other girl lives 250 miles away. We get along very well, almost mirroring each other in many views, opinions, and (from what we've learned about each other) personality as well. She is also talking with my best friend, who tells me that she likes me but is wanting to get to know me before she decides what to do. She's made it clear that she thinks I'm very attractive and is into me, but we don't really talk much. Through MySpace, we talked one messege per day for a month but it wasn't anything more than a few sentences plus maybe an explaination.

We don't text because she always gets side-tracked by friends. We've only IM-ed once and that is right now, which I'm feeling strained because I'm thinking about going for this other girl. Thing is, me and this girl don't flirt. Most of our talks are generally very platonic with the occassional flirt now and then, today we haven't flirted at all. Things seem very platonic with a very big chance we would wind up more in at least a month.

Me and this girl haven't talked at all about getting together or even the possibility of dating. We've only really made it clear that we're interested but are only in the beginning stages of getting to know each other.

So should I tell the girl who lives 200 miles from me? If so, how? I was thinking, if I do, to just tell her I was thinking about giving this one girl in my area a chance and I didn't want to lead her on. Basically, how do I give this girl a chance without screwing up the possibility of dating the other a month or two after things don't work out, if they don't.

You and the 200 mile girl aren't invested in one another enough to justify discussing your local dating life with her. Keep seeing the local girl, and if it turns into something, just stop contacting the 200 mile girl. If she's so wrapped up in her friends that she can't even offer you conversation, then it's no loss to either of you if you stop reaching out--it's not like you owe her anything.

Archived