How to get the guy?

prettynthecity

Ok, I have a predicament!

About two months ago, I met this really great guy. He's a doctor, is funny, handsome and we up until now got along super, super well. He tells me all the time that he wants more from me, ie: he wants things to be "official" but I broke up with my ex in February so I'm not sure if I'm ready yet, especially since this doctor is really intense. His work gets in the way a lot, and he's up and left before. I told him he needs to let me know when he can't make it (he's stood me up before) because it's not nice to me and since I have to take the train to him I don't want to take it alone at night for no reason if he's not going to be there. He took it as me saying I didn't want to see him at all again and flipped out, but obviously that's not what I was saying in any way. Really intense.

Anyway I figure he just really likes me, and he's cute and nice, so I try to keep setting up dates to see him and at the last minute he's "called away" to surgery. It drives me bonkers. Last week I was free from work for three days in a row so I was supposed to go over his place. He seemed to be all for it and really, really excited, but the night before he mysteriously disappeared. I called and texted and he wasn't there. The day of, no contact from him either. I figured he was working and later in the evening after work he'd call me. I went and bought an adorable (and kind of expensive... I'm worth it! heh) dress but I heard nothing all night. The next day, the same thing, and the next. Now after a week and a half, he comes back and I see him online. I ask him what the heck happened, he says, "I'm fine." I told him he disappeared and he completely denied it. Is this kid living in reality?

I have a sneaking suspicion he might not be what he says he is (I checked the roster of doctors for the hospital where he works). His phone is ALWAYS on voicemail and I found that he's on link removed and is listed as online when he says sometimes he's at work. What do you think is going on? I kind of want to "surprise" him during his lunch hour.

Well, well, well!

Last night he reappeared! He said he "did nothing wrong" and I got it out of him that something bad happened to him over the course of those two days I was supposed to be with him but he wouldn't tell me exactly what. He said his phone got taken away from him. Weird. I asked him if he needed his phone for work and he said yes. I'd also asked him lots of questions about his job, etc. and he all had very convenient answers. I smell something off-putting!

I'm now going to go complete NC on his sorry ass

Archived