Anybody had a near death experience and what did it feel like?

I know my mum's friends daughter recently met in a car accident,she had sever brain damage,shes only 23. She was in hospital for days as she was in a coma, her brain had swelled really huge. The doctor thought she would not make it, her family were beginning to lose hope.

Meanwhile the girl said she saw herself lying on the hospital bed,she was floating near the ceiling, she said she saw the doctor and nurses do an operation to her brain. She also heard a voice telling her to go back and that its not her time to go. Now the girl is better and healed,it was a miracle that she made it alive. She said the experience changed her life and that she is not afraid of death anymore...

SO id like to know if anybody has experienced similar as Im really interested in near death experiences and out of body experiences and what awaits us on the other side...

I nearly had a near death experience when I went to a music festival, drunk way too much alcohol and vomited in my sleep. Reason why I didnt choke on it was because my mate saw the state I was in and put me in the recovery position before retiring to bed. Lucky escape and I owe my mate a lot and after that incident Ive always made sure to never lose myself that bad again and look out for my friends when they're in need. Made me realise life's too important to throw away like that, you may as well enjoy it with the people you care about, isnt that what life's about?

There's a lot of info to read about it at online articles as well.

I haven't been kind of next to my body as far as I know but ywo times at a life dangerous situation so I know what it feels like to lose hope and see your life moments remmbering quickly at your mind.

Also I do have left my body while sleeping but it had nothing to do with danger it just was during sleep and looked like everything around me was fluorescent green.

There's a lot of info to read about it at online articles as well.

I haven't been kind of next to my body as far as I know but ywo times at a life dangerous situation so I know what it feels like to lose hope and see your life moments remmbering quickly at your mind.

Also I do have left my body while sleeping but it had nothing to do with danger it just was during sleep and looked like everything around me was fluorescent green.

Hey there...i want to know more of your out of body experience..how did it happen? did u see yourself sleeping and how did u feel? I have never had an out of body experience,i would like to have one but not in the dying state...

It was like I was half asleep at the beginning. I still heard a family member at the room next to mine making a phone call. After that it looked like if I was surrounded by fluo green (lights) and it looked like a (pedestrian) subway. Not sure if that last one is the best translation, in Dutch I would call it 'tunnel' but not necessairy a litterairy real one but more like Alice in Wonderland was falling into.

It was like I was half asleep at the beginning. I still heard a family member at the room next to mine making a phone call. After that it looked like if I was surrounded by fluo green (lights) and it looked like a (pedestrian) subway. Not sure if that last one is the best translation, in Dutch I would call it 'tunnel' but not necessairy a litterairy real one but more like Alice in Wonderland was falling into.

Wow sounds amazing and scary at the same time...I guess ill have to wait to die then get to experience..

I had one near death experience when I was about fifteen. I was born with a problem in my hand, two fingers like melted together, so I went through many surgeries as a child. The last one, or at least the last my parents allowed, got a complication. Apparently, they gave me far too much anesthesia, leading to a respiratory deficiency or something. I'm not sure about the specifics, since my parents wouldn't talk about it to me. I just know it happened. I was dead for a minute or so. Anyway, I remember it felt like I was dreaming. First it was as if I had opened my eyes, and everything seemed brighter, somehow. I could see the doctor's face and the nurses and what not, with their masks. Then I turned, but it was almost like floating, and I saw my hand stretched out, with some scissors or something. I remember everyone suddenly starting to rush, but I felt incredibly at peace. Cold too.

Now I remember it as if it was a dream. Like when you have a very vivid dream.

You know, I don't remember that. It was more like waking up from a dream. When I opened my eyes I was in the hospital bed, feeling disoriented. I don't think I actually thought I was dying. It was just peaceful. I do remember that, about the time I was going to wake up, I started to feel very heavy.

Archived