Approaching french women

Grap_drink

A couple weeks in the start of the semester and I started to notice this girl in my class more. I found out just by her accent and overhearing that she's actually from France. I know really I could just think she's any other girl but honestly thats a big cultural difference. I was thinking maybe just be direct and straight up(in a polite manner) like I usually am, so I'm wondering if thats a good idea?

My experience with dating a French girl is that becoming a couple is viewed as something very organic in their culture. There's not 'hey, let's go on a date'. It's more, 'hey, let's go do something'. And things happen as they happen. The whole idea of 'are we together now?' and 'are we boyfriend and girlfriend?' is much less prevalent there than it is here.

As an aside, best of luck to you. Dating a French girl was one of the best times in my life!

just go up to her and say voulez-vous coucher avec moi?

i think she'll know you're interested

LOL please don't. If I had a dollar for every guy who thought that line was cute and unique ... it's not!

I don't think there is such a big cultural difference as far as dating though ... though for my friends in France there's not this concept of "are we exclusive" "are we dating others" - as soon as they are going out with and kissing/being physical with someone, they're an item. That might just be my group of friends.

I wouldn't "tell her you're interested". I would just ask her out.

Archived