Honest Advice Needed...No Matter How Brutal

Okay so here it is..

I have been single for about 2 and a half years and in between I've had several unsuccessful attempts at finding love. In June of 2010, after a brief encounter with a young lady who proved to be nothing like she described, I decided to call it quits and chalk it up to fate. In the process I've managed to work out some emotional issues that have plagued me since my last relationship.

Now that you're all caught up...

My roommate, whom is also gay, has shown considerable interest in me over the past 18 months and I've done my best to keep them from developing any further. However, lately we have been getting a little closer and I find myself thinking about her (the feeling is mutual) and investing more emotions than warranted (if that makes any sense). She's all wrong for me and I know this. Last night she told me that she can see us "trying to start up a relationship" knowing that I'm moving accross the country to attend law school in August. I'm not sure whether I should enjoy the ride or nip it in the bud before more feelings become involved.

Part of me wants to enjoy the next five months and the other logical part knows that Pandora's box should stay closed. What should I do?

Sorry for the long post but this is quite the situation...

-N

*SIGH* that's what I was thinking...And the situation is messing up my concentration now. Thanks for the advice

Since you're moving, I really would not consider any relationships with anyone. That's always hard once you leave and it can really affect your focus on Law school. And since you are moving, you may find someone where you are moving to.

Archived