Sending roses for valentines day, just not RED!

lvrnftr11

Looking for different view points on how I am sending flowers to a love interest. I thought how it is being done is romantic. I would love to hear your opinions good or bad!

Some background: She is 37 I am 50 there is a mutual attraction. Only shared by me verbally! She is living with a man that does not have the smarts to put a ring on her finger. She works in a coffee house and I have the pleasure of seeing her 5 days a week if I choose. I so enjoy talking with her, she has the kind of eyes that a man can lose himself in if he allows it! I am not pushing exceptionally hard! I want her to feel that I am willing to wait for her to make the right decision (me of course lol). I am mature enough to know the best things in life are worth waiting for. I have lavender long stemmed roses being delivered monday to her place of employment (does anyone know what lavender roses say? I do and it says volumes.). I do not want her coworkers to give her a hard time about a man sending her flowers, that is not her live in. I am hoping that it will be exciting for her (wondering if she might be creeped out?) Her name is Annie. The card will read For: E Sunshine (I call her sunshine) does anyone else out there get my odd thinking? The only one that matters is her! Message reads: Life is better feeling the warmth of sunshine! Signed: Your admirer! So I am wondering my friends, Am I still the romantic that I enjoy! Or have I become some how creepy? As a side note: I have been going slow for 5 months if that makes any difference.

curiosity got me to go look up the meaning of lavender roses. That just reinforced my initial reaction, which was also "creepy" with a side of "annoying" depending on what her co-workers are like. Just one co-worker who wants to stir up trouble or be a jerk can make the rest of her day miserable or create trouble with the guy she lives with.

I might have a different take on it if she was single and not involved....but that's not the case, is it?

Creepy...

and disrespectful & dismissive towards her current relationship. Proceed with extreme caution.

I agree with this. That is perhaps the worst idea I have ever heard. Valentine's Day is supposed to be about love and MUTUAL attraction. You are putting this woman at risk of being EXTREMELY uncomfortable, and embarrassed. Regardless of whether or not she "has a ring on her finger" is irrelevant, because you know that she is in a relationship.

I feel that any person is available as long as they are not engaged, or married. I have not asked her out, and as long as she is living with him, I wont. Yes I am trying to tempt her! I know. I am being selfish in a way, that I want her know that she is desirable. Still feel that a man should initiate! As for the other guy, if this brings out trouble in there relationship because he is a jerk, then I see it as something she needs to find out. In which case I am helping her in a way. If she becomes closer to him because they work through a potential issue, that will only improve there relationship. (my opinion) She will eventually let me know that my even slow advances are not welcome. And I will still have learned and have the satisfaction of knowing she is happier in the end. Even if it's not with me.

Sorry I thought the way I stated things was, I wanted opinions on my doing this! Not whether I should or not. Sounds like a resounding bad idea! and I will probably have to apologize, learn, find a new coffee house, and move on. Thanks for reading the post and your opinions! Either way I will post and let you all know how she takes it.

Archived