He sings my name...

Triple444

My crush (in his 40's I'm in my 30's) - he is shyish, reserved, sensitive and I have been extremely attracted to for the last year (have a feeling it's mutual), has recently been singing my name whenever I am in his work area...it is an extremely uncommon name and not one found in any songs. When he sings it he'll turn towards me to make sure I'm listening and gives the most beautiful laugh/smile.

He is very aware of my feelings for him as I told him how I felt about 2 months back...I was wondering whether I should see it as something more than him just singing my name...

Could be a good sign but what do you know about him? Is he single, divorced, etc.

I know quite a bit about him - he is single (never married), we've been on two dates towards the end of last year...still waiting for the 3rd to materialise He always stops me and chats to me when I'm around ...

I'm not sure about him being so shy then lol. Unless he's a natural singer it'd take a lot of guts to sing with a crush's name in my opinion. I'd ask him bluntly, if he's going to keep singing with your name or going to ask you out!

He's very reserved and I was therefore a bit surprised that he'd sing my name - I do occasionally here him sing songs, that's it, until now So I'm assuming you think he likes me then???

Well...he KNOWS how you feel and he's taken you out on a couple of dates...doesn't that say more about the way he feels than the fact that he sings your name? I have to wonder, if the ice has already been broken between you guys this way, why exactly isn't he asking you our for date 3? He already managed to ask you on 2 so the whole shy thing doesn't really seem like an explanation....

I don't think he's shy. I think he enjoys flirting with you because it's an ego boost for him but he's either not interested in taking you on another date or not available to (for example maybe he's concerned about working at the same company, maybe he is pursuing someone else, maybe he's not interested in dating anyone right now).

Well...he KNOWS how you feel and he's taken you out on a couple of dates...doesn't that say more about the way he feels than the fact that he sings your name? I have to wonder, if the ice has already been broken between you guys this way, why exactly isn't he asking you our for date 3? He already managed to ask you on 2 so the whole shy thing doesn't really seem like an explanation....

He was very busy with exams since then up until about a week ago - no one knows that we went out on dates, so one of his colleagues asked him in December if he had a gf , to which he replied "no, I'm single but interested in someone. We're not in a relationship because I am very busy with my studies right now". So I'm wondering if I'm the person... I'm trying to add up all the clues "is it me"?? He is shy - it took him 9 months to eventually go on our first date...

We don't work together, but in the same building...

He was very busy with exams since then up until about a week ago - no one knows that we went out on dates, so one of his colleagues asked him in December if he had a gf , to which he replied "no, I'm single but interested in someone. We're not in a relationship because I am very busy with my studies right now". So I'm wondering if I'm the person... I'm trying to add up all the clues "is it me"?? He is shy - it took him 9 months to eventually go on our first date...

We don't work together, but in the same building...

If he was that interested in dating you you wouldn't have to look for clues nor would you have time to -either he would be asking you out or telling you directly"right now I'm busy with exams but they are over on ___ day. Are you free (within the next week) for dinner on ____ day?" No way would he want to take the chance of a special lady slipping through his fingers because he didn't make a date in advance (or try to meet for an hour for coffee during a study break,etc).

If he has time to sing a song to you he has ample time to plan a date in advance with you.

If he was that interested in dating you you wouldn't have to look for clues nor would you have time to -either he would be asking you out or telling you directly"right now I'm busy with exams but they are over on ___ day. Are you free (within the next week) for dinner on ____ day?" No way would he want to take the chance of a special lady slipping through his fingers because he didn't make a date in advance (or try to meet for an hour for coffee during a study break,etc).

If he has time to sing a song to you he has ample time to plan a date in advance with you.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you 100%, but there are a few complications, so for us to have a relationship, someone would have to climb Everest. I'm hoping that it is me, which means he is at least considering the climb up the mountain. So yes, I am looking for those clues in the hope that I am at least a consideration even though the hurdles are tough ones....

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you 100%, but there are a few complications, so for us to have a relationship, someone would have to climb Everest. I'm hoping that it is me, which means he is at least considering the climb up the mountain. So yes, I am looking for those clues in the hope that I am at least a consideration even though the hurdles are tough ones....

If he or you is not single then one/both of you is not available for a relationship so myanswer would be the same. Otherwise, if he is available for a relationship then my answer is the same despite complications. If he is sufficiently interested in dating you then he will want you to know that ASAP just as he did when he asked you out the first two times.

If he or you is not single then one/both of you is not available for a relationship so myanswer would be the same. Otherwise, if he is available for a relationship then my answer is the same despite complications. If he is sufficiently interested in dating you then he will want you to know that ASAP just as he did when he asked you out the first two times.

We're both single - there are major religious differences and I know many threads have touched on this aspect already and do not want to make that an issue in this thread. I really just wanted to know if I should get my hopes up based on his "signs"

We're both single - there are major religious differences and I know many threads have touched on this aspect already and do not want to make that an issue in this thread. I really just wanted to know if I should get my hopes up based on his "signs"

If the major religious differences are giving him doubts about dating you then my answer is the same - he is either not sufficiently interested in dating you or not available because of the religious differences -I am not a fan of reading into "signs" if the question is "does he want to date me" -if that is the question then the answer is "the only relevant sign that he wants to date you is if he asks you out on a date"

If the major religious differences are giving him doubts about dating you then my answer is the same - he is either not sufficiently interested in dating you or not available because of the religious differences -I am not a fan of reading into "signs" if the question is "does he want to date me" -if that is the question then the answer is "the only relevant sign that he wants to date you is if he asks you out on a date"

I'm at a bit of a crossroads - do I just leave the possibility of "us" because of the differences or hang on for a little while longer for sufficient clues of his intentions. When I told him how I felt (which was post-dates) he took 3 steps forward - he was pretty transparent about how he felt without saying it, but I feel that he struggles with getting things out verbally. We haven't seen each other much since mid-December as I was out of state for 6 weeks, so it seems as if we're starting from scratch again.

He'd stare at me, blush, compliment me continuously, but can't seem to get to the point where he needs to say what he has to... I can make it easier for him if I know more or less how he feels which is why I've asked the initial question...

Archived