Confused at what to study??

I am 24 years old and im currently working as a secretary,i want to better myself and get a good job. I dont earn enough and i have to save half my salary so i can make it through the next month. I also put some money away for future use. I want to go back to studying in order for me to get a better job. I work real hard at my job but i see myself going nowhere here and getting paid zilch. I love animals and would love to work with them but i dont want to study something that will take me forever to complete. I also would love to work with children that are sick or disabled. I love fashion too and i was also thinking of studying fashion merchandise but i dont know if ill get a job here. What are some courses that i can study? Also im a very shy person who tends to keep to herself and loves reading...

With regards to the not wanting to study something which will take you forever, when you begin studying you can search for jobs related to that field; at whateer level. Getting paid to do what interests you, makes time fly.

If you are really undecided I would aim to volunteer in each area of interest, to help you decide.

Does your company have a tuition reimbursement program or any good student loan from a bank?

Do look into what field will be the right fit, there are free sites that can give you some direction as to what career maybe suited for you depending on your background, interests, personality, etc.

Also if you know anyone that work in the field you're interested talk to them and see what it's really like. Extra money is always great but I feel if you can't enjoy what you do it may not be worth it in a long run.

Good luck on your search

Hi Jayded,

If you still live at home, it is the perfect opportunity to study. i would suggest to follow your passion and research some options, but researching the courses and where you could study them. You could do this by ringing them up and getting their study guides.

In my opinion, study goes really quickly, and is an enjoyable passtime. I say GO FOR IT!

Let us know how you go hun

Archived