Is My Friend Trying to Copy Me??

Long post guys.. brace yourself..

Lately I have been wondering about the relationship between me and my best friend...

I bought a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for my fourth month anniversary with my boyfriend. My bf is a Computer Technician and so it was the perfect present for him....

I told my friend all about it, and then suddenly she does the same thing for her boyfriend, who is also into computers and stuff like that. I brushed this off as being a freak coincidence.

Then, my boyfriend bought a new car and he had plans to put all sorts of gadgetry in there, which I think is really cool.. so I told my friend, and she must have told her boyfriend, because all of a sudden, he starts doing the same thing in his car, and put a Playstation and stuff in there, just to beat my boy....

But then another incident occurred - I went onto a geeky website (I love them!) and bought myself a tshirt that said "I love my geek." I have had it for a good few months now, and then out of the blue, my friend said "Hey where did you get that Tshirt from? I like it."

Because my tshirt is so original, I didn't really want to be sharing it with her! (Mean, I know!) so I said that I couldn't remember the website.

I think she is trying to make her relationship with her boyfriend the same as what I have with mine, if you know what I mean. But it's getting really frustrating for me, because she is my best friend, but I don't want her to copy me!!

What should I do? I am a bit worried to be mentioning it to her, because she might get angry about it and deny it...

Any advice would be good...

I don't have any advice, but I think she just admires you and thinks you have cool taste. Nevertheless, she needs to discover her own tastes in things, and develop a little more originality. Maybe you could help her with this...ask her more questions about herself, her interests, just keep the focus on her a bit in some of your conversations, and maybe that will give her a little confidence in herself.

I suggest to just talk to her about it. If she's really your best friend I doubt anything serious would happen. You'd get it off your chest and could possibly fix things. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind anyone copying me in that manner. Yeah friends do that stuff, but I don't think you should worry about it. As long as the relationship with your boyfriend doesn't suffer, I'd just let it go. If you really do care though, I'd just tell her.

Chris

In most of these sort of things the copier just can't think of anything and she may be trying to find some original stuff...

I don't think she is intentionally trying to Copy you or your boyfriend...

She just thinks you have REALLY good ideas... and think they are SOOO fantastic that she wants to do it herself and so she does... she may no even realize she is doing it