Why do I act the way I am when someone advances or tells me they like me ?

someguy87

I don't know why I am like this but everytime, someone tells me they like me, or make advances I literally just say "Thank you." and walk away.

I don't know how to follow up or what I should say, or if I can even bring myself to date that person.

All my life, this was a repeated pattern....it's almost like I don't like anyone who approaches me....I think I am an * * * * * * * ...which is why I never had serious relationships...

Then when it's someone I like, I can't bring myself to tell them how I feel. If I do, it's like what now? Relationships are so very awkward.... like even in my family I do not like being told I am loved or hugged....it makes me feel little.

You just have to have faith in the fact that you are most likely your worst critic. Unless you enjoy kicking kittens or starting forest fires, you are probably a lovable person to somebody out there and you couldn't possibly screw up a relationship with that person if you tried. Honestly, just don't think about it so hard and work on being happy with yourself...if there's something YOU don't like about you, improve it! It's really just that simple, and the confidence in yourself will follow.

Archived