well i finally talked to the girl i like (yeah!!!! whooo!!! haha!!!) and i was wondering how i would somehow ask her out to lunch (you know, so there would be no pressure; see i did think this out!). the thing is, how would i go about doing so? and how could i somehow show her that i am interested in her as more than a friend (even though its still early on in the relationship i dont want to be trapped in the void of friends)

thanks in advance for the advice!!!

Mike the finally happy genius

If you're talking to her and the subject of food comes up, try something like "Here's there's a _____ restaurant I've been meaning to try, want to check it out with me on ___day?" I think that giving a definite day is better than "let's get lunch sometime." (Ladies, is this true?)

As for avoiding the friend issue, if things go well during lunch go ahead and set up the second date. "This has been great, let's go to ____ for dinner this weekend" or maybe "I've really enjoyed talking with you, I'd like to take you to dinner on Saturday." something like that.(And make sure you pay for lunch and dinner!)

Hmm, being in high school does change it a little, since you obviously can't meet accross town. Do you two share the same lunch period/block/time? If you share a class with her that's right before lunch, and you just happen to be in a conversation, you could try "why don't we continue this over lunch?" Or maybe that's a little too cheesey... Maybe, ask her for help, or tell her you could help her with something from class? That may move you too close to the "friend-zone," so be careful. If you opt for that approach, I'd say to try to make plans for a future date before lunch is over.

Good luck!