Hello all and Happy New Year!

Here is the background: I met this girl through an online dating service that does not "show" status like, "single", "divorced" etc. We've talked on the phone a few times and really seem to be hitting it off...

I am a divorced Catholic, with an annulment from the Church. I have a nine year old son as well, who lives with his mother.

All that said, I now find myself really liking this woman, and would love to get to know her better, develop a relationship....but I feel compelled to tell her about my past.

I don't know about her, but she is 35, and as far as I know never been married. She is Catholic too, and like me, is very close to her faith. Not saying this would be the end-state here, but if we both got that far, we'd certainly celebrate marriage in the Catholic Church.

How should I tell her about my past? Should I simply tell her on the phone? I am free to marry in the Catholic Church again, but have this what I feel to be a "black mark" on my record.

I am not ashamed of my son or my past, and frankly my EX simply "left" to get "her life back" there was no infidelity, etc... I am an upstanding man, I believe in honesty and am proud of my integrity, etc. I simply don't want to affront her, or NOT tell her, I am just very nervous about it all...

Thoughts? I'd appreciate any other comments, but particularly from Catholics if you are out there! Yes I know the divorce stats at about 50-55%...

Thanks!

USO (Un-Sure_one)

Archived