Maintaining a positive outlook...

rich46

Hi,

As 2011 approaches, I am reflecting on what was a mixed year for me, involving a break up and various other incidences that has left me questioning my personality.

I am a definite introvert, even if others might not see it that way. I can be very friendly, warm, and enthusiastic, but I am very reflective and serious at the same time, always analysing events to the point where my mind becomes exhausted.

Can anybody recommend some ways to become a little more easygoing? I tend to get in moods for no real reason, certainly not a valid reason, but try as I might, I simply can't snap out of them in a hurry which leads to the damaging of relationships.

I really want to become a more steady individual.

I should also state that I live in Japan which might be something of a hindrance to my already complex mind, as being away from friends and family in a completely different culture can play havoc.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully for your suggestions.

Rich

All those thoughts and analyzing you have and do are important but only important on theoretical level. Your issue is simple, you treat theoretical level the same way as you do treat real life (what is actually happening around you).

The trick is to learn to separate them and while being aware of theories, you hold them away from reality and only act upon things that really happen.

Archived