What I want more than anything is a closer family, and a friend

1MoreChance

Friendships are incredibly challenging these days. You never know if someone is being genuine or just manipulative to get what they want from you. Try joining clubs or organizations that interest you. At least you'll know you share a common interest. Peace, Love and Happiness

I agree. You can have fun times with friends, going to dinner, going to events, going on trips etc...but what happens when you are in a crisis? You only know who really was your friend when you need their help and support (I am not talking about money, I am referring to time and energy).

The other hard thing about friends is that if you just try to befriend someone to get you through a crisis...that will end badly, I find that many of my older friends have become more shallow, and the ones who I can connect with on a deeper level hep me get through the hard times.

If you go out and make a friend and dumb your stuff on them, they will probably get uncomfortable. Take it slow, or befriend someone who is also hurting and commiserate.

Lol, my ex hung out with her depressed friend so they could be needy to each other and she wouldn't miss me (friend stayed at her house for a week) seems to have worked, as much as I wanted her to miss me its better she didn't, or made it look like she didn't hahaha

I agree about joing clubs / organizations and I'd also like to get involved in helping a cause.

I'd also like to do some self-esteem and anxiety management that are in my area (I've have generalized anxiety disorder ever since I was a teen)... would like to develop more creativity. I've been saying this for a long time. I really am a very artistic personality... but somethign has always blocked me from accessing my creativity. I feel so shut down and tired.

This time of year when we make resolutions kinda scares me... it gets me thinking of what I want to change... but do we ever really change?

Oh and I don't want to make friends just because I am in crisis (I am not in huge crisis right now, just upset and lonely over Christmas). i've been in crisis many times before, and I know what it is like... no... I am really wanting to make some genuine long term friendships....

but it's just like something is poff with me and people can feel that... just not sure what it is... I mean, I know no one expects perfection, but it' slike there is a vibe about me that pushes people away

Archived