Cutting Friend, Cry Fest

I need help very badly. My best friend since kindergarden is here visiting for about two weeks, only 6 days of which are left. Tonight I went to her online journal while she wasn't around, and read an entry she wouldn't let me see before. It says that she "f***ed up again", meaning she cut herself again. She's beein doing it for about a year I think, and had stopped for a while (or so I thought.) I tried talking to her about it and we just ended up crying for an hour, and she stuck her head under the blanket. I've tried talking to her before, I've tried making her promise, I've told her I love her more than anything. It seems like I've tried everything. I don't know what to do anymore.

Someone, please help me.

i think the best choice would be for you to sit down with her and talk. even if you do cry for an hour...as horrid as that may sound.. =/ you see, and i think you do, you have to do something. and, short of telling her parents, teachers, counsler (if she has one), or a good friend (which i think would basically be telling yourself... so that doesn't work, now does it?) i really don't see much else that can be done. i assume that, out of the above people, it is only you who you can tell, and thus, only you who may be able to talk to her.... meh, srry, ranting...

it may help, at the onset of the conversation you two have, to tell her that you are willing to sit there and be patient, attentive, and a very good listener for as long as it takes... basically, wait for her. and then, just talk... =/

meh, sorry i can't offer more, but i am on the other side of things, being the cutter, not the one who seeks help for a cutee (ahahah, does this work?)....

you can pm anytime, if you need to talk or anything...

~Aleksey

Well, I made her promise to call me next time she feels like cutting. I can only hope she really will. And I have to work on keeping my phone with me. Most of the time I have to have my brother call me so I can find it... Tangent.

Since that one night I posted, we've been having a good time and laughing a lot. It seems weird that my best friend that laughs at everything with me can some nights be so depressed she cuts herself.

Tonight though, my (ex?) "best-friend" Amie called, and I talked to her a few minutes while Georgia (visiting friend) was in the room. I've realized that Amie made me into a weak, lonely person. In the beginning of summer I started hanging out with Amie a lot, meanwhile missing emails and phone calls from Georgia. So I feel like it's all my fault. I realized that I don't need Amie, since she's just a lonely person looking for someone like me. Amie made me say some really awful things to Georgia and I didn't even realized. I can't blame everything on Amie, and I don't. It was just me and my weak personality. But I'm aware of things now, and I'm good. For now, we can only hope for the best. Thanks for replying guys, and for caring.

Jessica, I never made you say anything. You can blame it on me to make yourself feel better if you want. You came to me for advise on Georgia and I offered help. I didn't make you lonely, and I'm not looking for anybody. I never made you ignore Georgia for me, that was your choice. I didn't make you dread being alone, I just tried to help you when you were lonely. While I may have been that way a long time ago I grew out of it. I just wish you wouldn't push the blame on me, because I just sat here and tried to help you as a friend. You really need to watch your words because they hurt people. Try thinking about other people some, and how I must feel always being compared to Georgia, and hearing how Georgia is such a better friend than me. But I've realized that I don't need you either, and I'm perfectly fine on my own. You have somebody now so you may not believe your words when Georgia leaves...

It sounds like you two still really care about each other. Maybe if you are both willing to put aside your differences you can put your friendship back together.

Don't waste a friendship over misunderstandings. Friends can make life worth living.

I just don't know anymore...it seems like everybody has been telling me how weak I am and how I need to get over my problems because they're not as big as somebody else's. I just know I'm sad and I'm tired, I'm tired of trusting people and getting hurt. Sometimes I just think I'm happier alone, where nobody can hurt me.

Yeah I know it may seem that way. But in the end, nobody is really happier being alone. It may seem easier to wall people off from your life and then you think you won't get hurt. But constant loneliness hurts even worse.

Friends can hurt each other terribly because they know all the secrets. They understand exactly what will hurt you. And its unfortunate when things fall apart. But if you still care about each other and are willing to give up a little pride for the sake of your friendship - then it doesn't have to end like this.

hey,

well im kind of in your mates shoes here and it is really hard to talk about darlin. ive cut mi self for a year but stoped and now im cutting again. i can tell you dont pressure her to talk though ok but confurt her and talk if she wants to or cry like you said you did. hunny i can tell you are worried about her and im sure she knows that but talking about it makes you think about it and it makes you feel really down. i dont know why your mate cuts herself but im pretty sure from her point of view she feels really low at the moment so offer ur help but dont feel sorry for her. support her she'll need it. well i hope that i have helped you and your mate. feel free to email or msn messenger me!!

good luck

Jen

xXx

• 2 weeks later...