Why are some men stingy with money ?

engraved2008

Okay own up, who turned the calendar back to the 1950s?

We're no longer in a "men go out and earn the money while women stay at home as housewives" society. Both the OP and her bf work and earn money, in common with many other couples out there. These 1950 gender stereotypes no longer apply to vast swathes of society. Many men these days feel accomplished if they can find a partner who is an equal and who doesn't see them as a walking credit card.

I totally agree.

I think you should look at the overall spending - if it is roughly equal on building the home and entertainment then it's fair providing you both get the same advantages and investment. As for men liking to provide - perhaps some do but that doesn't mean you have to accept.

It's all about teamwork. You guys should be able to oneday you pay, maybe next time he covers dinner, so on and so forth.

But.. how would you feel if what he wanted to do - how he really enjoyed spending his time - was to play a video game with you. You didnt really enjoy playing video games much but you like to compromise so you agree. Then he asks that every second video game that is bought - you should pay for. How would that feel?

I have to agree - the person who does the inviting to dinner should pay in circumstances where the other person otherwise would quite happily not go to dinner.

And since you love going out so much (as I do too) I kind of thing this is going to be a difficult thing for you guys to get around. There has to be some way of spending time together that you both really enjoy..

Archived