Delete his brother too?

Its been a week ago since I ended a contact with a guy, that didnt seem to make an effort to our relationship. I changed my phone number to show him that I this time of all times I really meant it. I deleted him from my messenger contact list. But I still have his little brother on it. Since we broke up his brother all of a sudden started to talk to me, which he almost never did before. I dont know why, but I guess he was behind it. The conversations werent so interesting just bull * * * * . The more time passes I realize he wont contact me anymore. And the fact that I see his brother online, just remembers me of him and gives me bits of hope which doesnt feel good.

What do you guys think should I also delete his brother?

Maybe he doesnt miss me because he thinks he can reach me this way anyway..

Some good advice please.

If he never contacted you before and you don't have a close relationship, I would. I just deleted my ex and his family from my FB. Hopefully they understand - I just didn't want to tempt myself to look at his profile or to see any of his posts on their pages that might give me a clue that when he starts to move on and/or has found a girlfriend.

Hi Maryam,

haha, I was just asking myself the same question a few days ago. My ex broke up with me a few months ago. The first thing I did was deleting him from fb (since he uploaded pictures of him an his new gf, for whom he had left me, just a few days after he broke up with me - I was DEVASTATED!!). I still had him on msn messenger and thought, why should I delete him, he is with his new girl and won't contact me anyways... so I kept him as a contact. But it only hurt me, to see him online or getting online, but he would never write me...of course I didn't expect anything else, but it still hurt, since we used to talk EVERY day, when we were together (we had a LDR) and after the break up, I saw, he was sitting at his pc, I was sitting at mine, but we would ignore each other, that hurt! Anyways, I deleted him and it was much better that way. I still was friends with his brother on fb and msn, though. Seing his brother online on msn didn't bother me that much, since he never really talked to me in the past and wouldn't do it in the future. But as you said, when I saw the brother online, it automatically reminded me of my ex. So I deleted him, too. And I deleted him on fb as well, a few days ago, since I suppose, it is only a matter of time that he may upload pics where he visits my ex (who moved to another country) and I don't need to see them all happily together...

In my eyes, not seeing, not hearing, not knowing anything or anyone, connected to our ex's is the best to move on... I would delete his brother if I were you! If your ex really wants to get in touch with you, he'll find a way!!

I deleted him. I do miss him, I thinks the changes are very low that he ll contact me.

Hi Maryam,

It's difficult to know what someone else will do. I have read everywhere that we need to try and focus on ourselves and stay busy. That said, it isn't easy to do. I find myself lost in thoughts and "what ifs." But none of it has helped me. I have been struggling with something for this whole year. I don't wish that for you or anyone else. I went back and forth deleting my email, changing my phone number, etc., just to revert back because I was afraid he wouldn't have any way to contact me. But I believe if I really wanted to find someone, I could and would do so. It is true for your guy, too. If he really wants to, he will find a way to be in contact. But try not to focus on hoping for that because you just don't know what he will do. Try to focus on you and all the good things there are in..you. Try to let him go. For good. Delete all traces of him if you can. But keep it that way. My mistake was continuing to reopen things.

Archived