Very Awkward situation

Im gonna keep this nice and short and simple because it will just get muddled up a bit.

Basically, last night I went to a house party and there I met my friends. Two of my friends (Amy and Emily) brought one of their friends (Christina). We were talking for ages then Amy tells me that Christina really likes me and I mean REALLY likes me. I didnt really like her in that way but Amy was beggin me to talk to her so I did for practically the rest of the night.

Christina was about to leave and I told her,

"I know that you really like me and I kinda like you"

This was a bad move because I meant that I like her as a person but my drunken state made it seem otherwise. We kissed for ages on the street with Amy and Emily watching us from a distance. Then I did the worse thing EVER!

After we kissed I asked for her number to meet up but I called her Catherine on my mobile and called her Catherine! She looked gutted and I was soo apologetic. She seemed to be ok but she seemed bothered as she asked "Who is Catherine? U seeing someone?" I obviously denied.

She then went home with Amy and Emily. I called her later on to meet up on Monday (tomoz) to go shopping. I wouldnt have normally asked her out but i felt really bad and wanted to make up for what I did.

Now the difficult part. There is a really close mate of mine (Daisy) whom I really fancy (see this thread for more details: link removed ) She was there and I was hoping to tell her how I feel but she came with her boyfriend! I was gutted but we still got on really well and had a good time. Now obviously this is goin to make things difficult as Emily best mates with Daisy and she will tell her about Christina and thereforeeee I will be lumbered with it.

I have no idea what to do right now. My mate (none of the girls) advises me to tell Christina that Im not interested in her, in that way, but still want to be friends and instead go for Daisy. I dont want to mess Christina around cos i know she will tell Amy and Emily and I will get it hard with them.

i would agree with ur mate, i think that u should stop messin this christina girla round, if u dont like her then u are only gonna hurt her more in the long run. And the longer u see her and go out with her the more difficult it will be for u to tell her that u dont like her and the more crushed she is going to feel in the end.

However, i do not think that you should go after the Daisy girl because she has a boyfriend. Mayb u shud just let her no that u like her a lot but dont try anything else on with her, that would just be wrong. I am in the same kinda prediciment at the moment 2.

If u believe in fate, which most people dont, i guess that u might think that if u2 were ment to be together u are ment to be but if u dont then i dont think u shud push urself into her too much unless she shows u signs that she likes u, because she might just think that ur a jerk for tryin to come on to her when she has a b/f.

I agree with down_n_down, there's no point in fooling around with a girl you don't like, just so you don't hurt her for nothing and fool around with her heart. Its so new thats its not even started so you have no problem there. The fact that you were drunk can explain a lot of things Play it cool, dump the girl you just met in the best possible and gentle way and get a nice guy reputetion. Try not to look like a jerk. You are rigth in your assumption that girls talk to each others about guys a lot.

As for the other girl who have a boyfriend it should be a no touch situation. Don't play that kind of games but be a good player (if you see what I mean). Take the position of the guy who have a lot of fun with her, who's always there for her. Listen to her a lot, get to know her without being too untrisive in her life and her relationship with her boyfriend. I guess your feelings are kind of obvious for her anyway so she might already know you really like her. Don't put pressure on her by telling her your feelings for her, if she's happy in her relationship then they will be really unwelcome, if she's unhappy in her relationship then your declaration will come too soon as she will be in the process of dumping her current boyfriend and not in the mood for romantic feelings. Wait for your time to come, if ever a better girl come around then the wait would have been worth it anyway.

Good luck on that one.