now that she knows he is happy she wants him back

Is it a common occurrence that when the dumper knows that the dumpee is seeing someone else that they then want them back?

I had just started seeing a new guy. Lots of chemistry, fun and easy to be around. His girlfriend had broken up with him 3 months ago. That should have been a red flag. But, it seemed as if it were over.

She found out he was seeing me and last night while we were out she came up to us and claimed her boyfriend. He is sweet and handled it pretty well but I can tell he is going to give it another try with her. Do these things work out? I mean she didn't want him until she saw someone else did.

He called tonight and explained he now needs time to sort things out. I was very philosophical about the whole thing and laid no guilt on him. I figured letting go easily and letting him know I would miss him would be the best way to go. No begging, pleading, crying etc. But, now I do feel sad.

I know most of the posts on here seem to be from the angle of how to get your x back. But, anyone else here been left for the x?

Dear hopeful1:

I don't want to give you false hope but this girl sounds like she only wants him back because he found someone else. If that's the case it will play itself out soon enough.

I think that the way you handle things was awesome and extremely commendable. Good for you for using a level head.

As I said just wait and see how things play out. A word of caution though. Don't get caught up in a back and forth situation. Make sure he has had time to really make up his mind about this situation before you start seeing him again. I wish the best for you and I hope that I helped.

evepm