Bumped into Ex after 9 Months NC

piratehound

I dated my ex for 5 years. We haven't spoken for 9 months. She broke up with me. She started dating another guy 4 months ago.

I'm walking out of the grocery store today, and when I turn the corner I see my ex sitting at a table talking to some guy (not the guy she dated/is dating). As I walk past her, she looks up, and she freezes in mid sentence, mouth just hanging open, and we kind of just stare at eachother - both unable to say anything. She finally says "hey" but the word is inaudible and barely escapes her throat. I nod at her and continue walking to my car. I figure I'm having a phone conversation and she's having a seemingly serious conversation with this man. Also I simply speechless.

I was doing so good too. I had made peace with the fact that she wouldn't be in my life. I figured she hated me. I never really hated her but I was content to dislike her to keep herout of my mind.

But that 3 seconds today changed all of that.

It was funny in retrospect. We both froze. Both stared. Both couldn't get words out. Then I was gone.

Do you think it's a good sign that she froze too? There was a hint of kindness in her face. I felt a swell of good feelings - forgetting all the bad stuff the second I saw her.

I'm not sure what to do.

It's a set back and another release of emotions that were pent up inside you. You've seen her. Next time wont be so bad. Today, without realising it, you've got a little more of her out of your system. Think of it as taking 1 step back in order to take 2 steps forward. Another step forward you could take is to begin posting in the 'healing' section and not 'getting back together' section.

Man don't go much into what she did or how was her reaction coz it will only made you curious and force you to commit mistakes you never want to,if she had so good feelings for you she must have contacted you, she reacted like so coz she saw you out of blue ,and even you see your enemy unexpectedly you will have same reaction.don't go into it

also why would you want a girl who simply broke-up with you after 5 long years and after just few months rushed into another relationship?

believe me even if she would come back you will not have same charm and trust in relationship

Archived