Deleted her number from my phone

30yrold

And guess who sends me a message?

I am meeting my former gf to carpool to a training class tomorrow. I have been in NC for a few days. She knows when we are meeting, and if she forgot she could easily look back in her text messages to look at the time we agreed on a few days ago.

convo goes like this:

Her: Hey what time are we meeting tomorrow?

Me: Hi who is this?

Her: *****...?

Me: Oh woops, we meet at niner!

Her: O...why didn't you know who I was

Me: Didn't recognize the number. What is that face, never seen it before?

Her: Its sad, because you don't know my number or have it in your phone.

Me: Oh stop. I'm sure you don't know my number either. Why would you be sad?

Her: Because you are saved in my phone. So when you text I know, hey R****** is texting me

End Convo.

For some reason, I have been giggling up a storm. I knew it was her, but played dumb. I may sound like a heartless bastard, but I KNEW she would send me some BS message to reach out to me. She needs to know my universe is centered around me now, and she is just a far away constellation.

Small victories, small victories

She needs to know my universe is centered around me now, and she is just a far away constellation.

You're fooling yourself...and you will continue to do so as long as you stay in contact with your ex. Now, I don't know your entire story (most importantly, why you are carpooling with her), but reading some of your previous posts, I can tell that she is still the center of your thoughts. You can try and act like she isn't, but your act will fall short because you're too emotionally invested in her.

You're fooling yourself...and you will continue to do so as long as you stay in contact with your ex. Now, I don't know your entire story (most importantly, why you are carpooling with her), but reading some of your previous posts, I can tell that she is still the center of your thoughts. You can try and act like she isn't, but your act will fall short because you're too emotionally invested in her.

Previous posts are previous posts. Every day is new and different for me. Being able to delete her number, and not get excited when receiving contact from her shows me I am making great progress. Do I still think about her? Of course. Is it all day and night like it had been? Not even close.

If I wasn't able to feel comfortable, and not get all squirmy around her, I wouldn't be carpooling with her. Maybe I'm in the wrong forum now since I have lost the desire to get back together with her. After today, I am initiating NC and will stop responding to her. She needs to learn independence, or at least learn to depend on her new bf and not me.

Pretending you didn't know her number whilst car sharing is somewhat immature and will act as an ego boost in her eyes, I tend to agree that just telling her plainly would have suited you best.

However, having recently just deleted the details of someone I care about, it is a fairly important if this is part of a wider effort to ensure you don't cross paths again.

In any case, good luck to you.

Archived