I'm up for some variation in kissing, How to tell him?

My guy and I have never technically been boyfriend and girlfriend because of some complications in our relationship, but we still make out quite frequenty. Basically what we do the whole time is kind of the "sucking on a popsicle" type thing. (If that gives you an interesting visual...) It's nice, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I want some variation. I dont know how to tell him what I want because he pretty much takes change in the kissing thing. Someone gave me this new idea to take charge in the kissing, and I definitely would do this but I just had surgery on my mouth and so kissing is definitely out of the question. And by the time I'm back up to it, he's going to be gone for quite a while. We have talked about french kissing because we arent totally doing that yet, and we dont know if we're quite ready for that. Sometimes I just want slower, more romantic kisses, but I dont know of a way to tell him without hurting his feelings. Help please!

I don't see how talking about this to him could hurt his feelings. You could just do it and have fun experimenting though, I doubt he'd mind that.

Your problem sounds a little complicated tho, since you want to kiss, but you seem to have had surgery that prevents you from doing so, yet you still want to try out different types of kissing.