What if I bump into my ex...?

My ex and I have been broken up now for almost 2 months. She is in law school about 2 hours away. I still love her deeply and I want to believe she feels the same but I'm not 100% sure just because she still refuses to tell me how she really feels (because she is so "stressed" with school). She basically broke up with me because this is her first semester of law school and she doesn't feel like she could balance a relationship and school without one or the other falling apart. (Basically chose her career over us after 2 long yrs).

Anyhow, we still talk once every couple weeks but its basically to check in with one another to make sure the other person is doing well and not dead or something to that nature. So I was thinking about making a trip to her town/school this weekend to hang with some friends and family that live there as well because it's Homecoming weekend there and my town/school is completely dead this weekend and I just kinda want a change for scenery for a couple days. The problem is I'm starting to think it may not be the best decision now for fear of bumping into her while I'm out trying to have some fun for a change and not think about her. I wasn't going to even tell her I was there for the weekend; just hang out with friends and make my way back home sunday. What do you guys think? Good idea or bad idea?

Hmmm. I'm facing similar choices on a daily basis. I've tried different approaches, but I think completely avoiding the ex is what makes me happiest. The fact that you're worrying about this tells me that you're not ready to run into her. Maybe it's better to wait and see those friends another time. Even if you didn't see her (and let's face it, you probably wouldn't), you'd be looking over your shoulder the whole time. Also, wouldn't the temptation to look her up be strong?

Archived