Older/ Younger dating

Before I put my questions to air I want it to be known that dating isn't my strong point, but I have years to work on it. Yet it always interested me about the issues of dating. It seems to me that no matter who your with there is always some problem, wether it be small or large.

Which brings me to my point, Why are people so appealed to date some one younger than them or older than them? I've never dated anyone younger than me or older than me, but I need to know what other people think.

Not only do I wish to know what the appeal is, but I'd also like to know about your experience with that kind of relationship (down falls and benefits).

I'd like some teenagers to answer this too so 14 year olds and up.

------------------------------

"Age aint nothing but a number" But as a Journalism student I have to cover all the angles. *much luv* Brittany

I had this long post already written and then just erased it, was coming out like a list of all my romances lol.

When I was 16 my first was a 21 year old woman, and i thank Suzy , for her experience and "teachings" made me the attentive lover Iam today.

I was never interested in women younger than me, while growing up, I liked how women in their late 20's and their 30's were comfortable with their sexuality, they didnt play games much, and knew what they were looking for in a partner. young girls for the most part didnt know what they wanted, seemed way to unstable, and more often then not had all these sexual hang ups.

Now that Iam 40, my last girlfriend was 35. When Iam ready to have a partner again I will still look for a woman in her early to mid 30"s as I still have the dream of having a family, and dont think its too late for me.

also from a sexual point of view, women are at their peak at those ages.

I really hope that me and my eX can get back together,. 4 years together and i would have spent the rest of my life with her. but if it doesnt happen, i will always remember them as some of the best years in my life.

This is something that i've always wondered myself. Although i can say that for whatever reason i have never been with a guy my age. It's not that i've never been attracted to them, it's just that an older man is more experienced, he's more secure with himself and able to accept responsibility. When i was in high school as a freshman i was always chasing the hot junior or senior guys. As I got older that never changed. Now i'm 21 and in my third year of college and i'm still chasing that older guy. Maybe for girls it's that dad kind of thing that's appealing. we want someone that we feel like can take care of us. By going for the older man we feel protected and in turn it makes us feel like we'll be taken care of. That's what i get out of it anyway. Younger guys are too immature and always worried about who they're going to screw next, whereas an older man seems more ready to commit himself to you.

lisa

Lisa, I agree with you, growing up, in the 70s it was all about scoring, and I was the only odd ball it seemed that wanted a mature serious relationship. Ha! all my buddies were making out all the time, and me looking for a long term relationship, I think i was born in the wrong decade, or maybe the wrong century. still seems difficult to find women that want to commit. they seem to love everything about me but talk about marriage and they go running for the hills. wasnt this the way it used to be with girls?

oh well que sera' sera'

• 3 months later...

I'm 27 and dating a man who is 43. When I was in highschool I was attracted to men my age or one year older, but then around 20 yrs I started really becoming attracted to older men. All of my serious/intimate boyfriends were 10 years older than me. I think an older man is just more confident, not as shy to approach a girl. Guys my age are too shy to approach me. I also get along better with older people. I tend to be mature for my age.

I think that having an age gap in a relationship is kinda kinky and that makes it more sexy. In our society it is considered "wrong" or "naughty" so that taboo makes it even more desirable.

Does that add some insight?