Loriana

Hey Guys,

Well I met this guy back in February on this dating site and we got talking right away and we had so much in common. We would text/talk online for hours and hours, often we would text each other all day. About April time we started talking to each other on the phone and found we got on really well over the phone too. We started to really like each other and I started to have feelings for him and I evenutally fell for him. He was like the most funniest caring guy I've ever met and we were so alike it was like he was the boy version of me.

A few months down the road things started to change he didn't call when he said he would and we kept arguing. I was pretty convinced that he had been talking to other girls since we weren't as close. We got into an argument and he said that I needed to to stop jumping to conclusions and assuming he was talking to other girls. He also said that he was always the one that texted/called first and that I don't really initiate the contact first. Which was true and he said he felt like I was pushing him away, that was also true and so I made an effort and changed because I didn't want to lose him. I texted him first.

Things were going great until one day we were talking and then he just didn't reply back and didnt reply back until the next day this went on for 2 weeks. By then I just got fed up with him and just couldn't be bothered anymore because I thought he was taking the piss abit. So we had another argument and the last thing he said to me was "sorry I can't text you every 5 minutes of the day". That was on the last day of August.

It's been a month now and we haven't talked since that day, not a single world has been said. I think maybe I got too clingy since I got used to speaking to him every day. At first I thought it was all his fault and I assumed he was talking to other girls when there really wasn't any evidence of it apart from he had lots of girls as friends on his MSN Profile. I keep blaming myself cos I know I probably pushed him away and now I just really regret it so much. I miss him every single day and I just feel like a piece of me has been ripped out or sometihng I don't know.

He was like the only one that was really there for me and really cared about me and now hes gone and I feel like its all my fault. I don't really have too many friends in real life cos I don't go to college and I just kind of drifted apart from my friends that I did have in High School. I have some other issues like anxiety and that is one of the reasons why we spent so long without meeting becuase I wasnt ready to. I can't help but think that we drifted apart because we waited too long to meet. I haven't told him about my anxiety. I just feel like I wasn't really honest with him.

The hardest part is if I try and contact him again I will just feel guilty because until I get myself and my issues sorted I wont feel able to meet him. At the same time I miss him like I have never missed anyone before and I feel like I need him. I just don't wanna hold him up. I am just really not coping the past month has been really hard without him.

He hasn't blocked me on MSN and Facebook so I am hoping that might be a good thing. I just don't know what the hell to do. I really just can't cope its like I am grieving in a way and its really sad. Any suggestions on how I can get through this?.

How far apart are you two, and how likely is it that you will eventually meet?

Your only viable option at this point is to continue your life as if this is over for good, as that may very well be the case. The thing with online dating is that the anonymity makes it much easier for someone to disappear with no repercussions when things start to go south.

Lesson learned here: Don't interact with someone for this long without meeting them.

You made this mistake, and ended up getting all attached to someone that you've never met before. It's just messy.

Archived