She's not that interested is she? Or did I screw it up?

Cartman08

Hi

I met a girl on a dating site a fe weeks ago & met her about a week later. I took her out for some food & then to a bar. At first it was a bit akward but then we settled in. The convo flowed & she seemed pretty attracted & everything. At the end of the night I hugged her & gave her a kiss on the cheek. I didn't want to rush anything & go for the lips. I had told her earlier I was going to a house party the next night. At the end of the night she said how she had nothing to do the next night. I thought she was maybe hinting so I said she should come along. She said she will let me know so I said ok. I alked her to her door & said goodnight.

Next afternoon she texts me "what's the plans for tonight then?" but sadly I had to sort something with my ex (to do with money & such) I was really dissapointed & in a mood I didn't want to have to do it that night. I told her sorry but the plans have changed now . I have to sort something ith the ex but I'd love to see her again real soon. She text back a few hours later "Oh ok have fun with the ex then" I probably should've explained to her then it wasn't for fun or anything. But the ex was really stressing me so I just left it. I text her a couple days later just asking how she is hope she had a good weekend. I didn't get anything so left it but felt dissapointed.

I text again a few days after that saying are you not talking to me. She replied afew hours later saying I guess but I don't really like being let down for someones ex! I then explained that it was to do with money & our child etc. and that she ruiend my plans and that I was sorry. She just said it's ok and asked what I as up to. We basicaly had the usual kind of chat & then I asked if she wanted to meet that night. She said she already had plans but maybe could do the enxt night. I said cool just let me know as I'd like to see you again. I got nothing the next day but I didn't want to seem desperate so left it. It's 3 days later now & still had nothing. Part of me wanna contact her again cause I was diggin her but I'm kinda pissed at the same time. What is my move now & did I screw it up?

hm. well, i can see why she got upset when she heard about the ex. it would kind of make it seem like you are not over her. but i think she should have been more understanding when she heard it was something regarding the child. you could have maybe given her *less* information saying that a family issue came up and you had to go deal with it, but that you'd love to take her out soon. after 1 date, i'd say that she doesn't have to know all the details in your life. i guess things went downhill from there...

I agree with annie24. I don't think you totally screwed things up, but just remember for future reference - less detail! Keep the focus positive and on positive things this early on in the relationship. YOU know the ex thing isn't going to interfere with you liking this girl, but if I were her, I might feel kind of scared and paranoid.

Your move now: Give it a few more days and reach out sincerely, don't mention the ex, just focus on your new girl and reiterate that you really want to see her + go out and have a fun time.

Archived