Friend or potential?

Lost in fairytales

We know it is a bad sign when we are posting here, because things must be complicated or unclear. Well in my case it is because it is unclear.

A colleague of mine who I have meet. For over 2month now, was really friendly and come on pretty strong in the beginning, asking me to have lunch with his team twice and actively saying hi to me everytime we meet in the corridor or in the tea room.

Then I went off to a trip in japan and gave him a small gift, and from then on he hadn't been as proactive. He said to meet up for lunch, but was didn't follow throw. I know his work is busy, but he should still have let me know so i wouldn't have waited for him.

He added me on his Facebook and I messages him asking him about lunch, and he said next week. Next week came and almost went and he still did make proper arrangements. Then he bumped into me towards the end of the week, and ask me to have coffee with his team, which I said yes. But i got busy and before I knew he had already left with his team! He then called my team leader and asked my team to join, but my team leader was busy, so team leader asked me to go myself. I dilemma over it and finally went. He had already bought two coffee for me and my team leader, and chilling with his team, finished his coffee. He explained tome that he didn't have my number and hence wasn't able to get to me, and asked for my number.

Yesterday I had a dinner with my friend who told me that she saw him with another girls in the city about 2month ago. She didn't say whether they were couply or not.

I am so puzzled, he always says hi to me, always really nice and compliments me. We would spend lots of time talking during lunch when he is not busy. He asked for my email, added me on fb and got my number. But haven't really used my contacts. He always tells me he isn't married but never said anything about a girlfriend.

He would ask me to lunch but not properly follow through. He said to go bike riding but who knows when that's gonna happen. He talks to me alot at work but never asks me outside of the work. I am finishing my work at the current place in 2 weeks, and I am not sure what I should do in the next 2 weeks. More up front? Or wait for him to make the move? He has all my contacts, should I wait?

What puzzles me

Archived