She doesn't make an effort to contact me. What to do?

Mr SIBLEY

Basically a friend of mine doesn't make an effort to contact me anymore and I'm starting to wonder if I should just accept that she may not be interested or keep initiating the contact.

To break it all down:

I'll initiate contact most of the time

When she comes over we're amazing with each other, like a couple even, she sleeps over, we kiss and we've even showered together.

She says that she isn't looking for a relationship (because all men suck, apparently) but says she has feelings for me.

I know for a fact she texts, calls, emails and messages all of her other friends in her spare time, but not me. (which seems a bit unfair, considering how she is when she's with me).

I want to talk to her about it but not push her away/ seem needy (she's very independent) so I'm just looking for advice on what to tell her.

Thanks in advance.

Dude if your serious about the shower thing then you window is closed. If you didn't make a move in the shower she's already come to gripes that you won't. Sounds like she has moved on and so should you. That doesn't mean stop cold, but I would make the contacts further and further apart.

Dude if your serious about the shower thing then you window is closed. If you didn't make a move in the shower she's already come to gripes that you won't. Sounds like she has moved on and so should you. That doesn't mean stop cold, but I would make the contacts further and further apart.

We've had sex before, we've showered before loads. I did try it, but she said that we'd do it later (we never did). I'm more concerned with the lack of interest she shows me when we're not with each other.

My friend told me I shouldn't contact her and see if she even makes contact and to assess it from there. Just not sure whether I should be putting in 90% of the effort all the time.

See (500) Days of Summer, the movie. You're on the hook! If a guy she likes came along, she'd drop you in a heartbeat.

When a girl says she's not looking for a relationship, and isn't recovering from some traumatic event, it actually means, "I'm not interested in a relationship with you."

It sucks...get out while you can! Even if your best buds...they'll string you along until you no longer serve a purpose. Then, still try to remain friends with you while doing as little as possible because they know you want them. If you want a relationship, go find it with someone else.

Archived