I gotta be me.

waveseer

There is compromise and then there is being untrue to myself. Compromise is when all parties agree to concede a little to achieve a gain. Being untrue to myself is conceding far more than I am gaining, to the point where I am denying my very nature.

My very best thinking coupled with my very worst experiences have taught me that above all else I gotta be me. If it means I need to change to be more like the me I'd like to think I am then so be it.

Even if being me means I have to leave a relationship, friendship, job, residence, club, etc. it will always be worth it for one almost too simple reason.

Without me I've got no one. No relationship/friendship/career/hobby/location can offer or return me to myself. I am the only one qualified to make sure my choices coincide with being true to myself.

Were my very worst experiences really worth learning, understanding, and giving the highest priority to putting my values/needs above everything else?

YES.

For everyone and everything I've left behind in order to find peace with myself, the compromising of my values was no longer worth it. I need never second guess these decisions as long as I am being true to myself.

Now I'm working on staying true to myself to avoid needing to leave anyone or anything behind again.

Archived