I must be one HUGE turn off to men!

Subtle

I have to agree with this. I think when they say this they mean gobs and gobs of makeup, or makeup that isn't done well at all. If guys didn't like makeup they wouldn't fawn over Megan Fox and similar celebrities who clearly wear lots of it. Guys say they dont like prissy type girls but those are the girls that I see get the most attention, or never have problems attracting men. I'll use the same example I've heard on here before, the few guys that dont like these girls are the "exception"

So true. Some of my guy friends were once being overly judgmental about girls who use makeup, so much so that I feel afraid to wear makeup in front of them sometimes. Funnily enough, every time they like a girl and call her hot, she has makeup, her hair done and all that.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're not ugly at all. There are guys who like your look. I do agree Make Up will make you look prettier. Please smile. Smiling makes people more attractive and attracts people to them. The best way to smile is when you are thinking about things that make you happy. When I smile when I am walking on campus I am thinking about Brett Favre(see avatar).

You said you are into science. What is your major?

I'm a computer science major.

I would feel slightly self conscious smiling at people...it seems most people walk around with the same empty facial expression like me (unless they are in a group). Even if a random person smiles at me, I smile back, but I can't keep eye contact. I will practice wearing sun glasses

I will experiment and try out the light makeup , smiling, controlling my facial expressions (so I don't appear to be a grouch), and finding me some new hobbies. I believe there were a few more helpful tips; I'm going to re-read those and take note of them. I will even consider an excercise/diet plan; as a skinny person, I'm not all that healthy

Gives me an opportunity to work on myself for a while. Plus, I will give myself a break away from approaching men I am interested in. I don't want it to back fire, and then I feel like I've failed

I hope its as simple as it sounds. I had another question to ask, but unfortunately I can't recall, so ill post it later when I remember.

I appreciate everyones tips and feedback

Hey you look great in your photo! I’d have to google “anamorphosis” but the other subjects your mentioned sound interesting to me.

I know that these kinds of subjects aren’t everyone’s cup of tea though.

Personally I love learning new things. I like to read about human biology, engineering etc. One of my best friends is a geophysicist and well read on anything to do with the world economy. I love talking about physics with him and enjoy hearing what he has to say about economics.

I also love politics and my partner and I spend hours every week writing the political wrongs of the world by discussing it all at length.

The subjects your interested in are subjects many people will find fascinating but the “many” people I’m talking about will still be a small minority. Especially at your age.

As you get older or find older people to talk to I think you will have a higher chance of finding like minded people. But trust me we are out here!

All in all you actually sound quite attractive! Give it time. Work on your social confidence and sooner or later you’ll start up a great relationship with someone. There are definitely people out there that you will “click with”.

Thanks for the word of encouragement! I need to do a lot more searching then; I'm not a party/club person so I need to explore other areas. Its funny you mention: I have more interesting conversations with older individuals than those who are around my age

awww, dahlin', there is nothing wrong with you! You're a cute, petite, pretty girl! Just enhance those eyes a little. You don't even need foundation, you have nice, clear skin!

The only reason I started wearing it is 'cause I get acne scarring and my face looks a little red in spots, and I also wear some under my eyes to help with dark circles (even though they aren't too bad). All through out high school, though, all I wore was eye makeup. No foundation, no blush, no eyeshadow. Just eyeliner and mascara.

The older I get, I think the better the foundation starts to look. I personally find girls in makeup attractive, but you don't need that much at all! I still stick with what I say, though...just enhance those eyes a LITTLE bit!

I am almost positive you will find a guy eventually! (Now if I could only take my own advice for myself!) lol

Ah! I remember a guy once told me why men always talk to me at work/public/clubs. It's the projection of this happy, carefree-laughter vibes that I gave out.

Happiness makes other people happy. So, be happy about yourself, laugh more often (i have the strangest of laughter) and just be yourself

And yes, it's easier to get men's attention when you are happy about yourself It's the law of attraction. Or something like that

So true. Some of my guy friends were once being overly judgmental about girls who use makeup, so much so that I feel afraid to wear makeup in front of them sometimes. Funnily enough, every time they like a girl and call her hot, she has makeup, her hair done and all that.

The conclusion I've come to is that guys do not recognize makeup like women do. I mean, they don't put it on or focus on it like we do. So, we have a better eye for it.

We can see that that girl over there is wearing mascara or that one has a bit of blush around. Men will only see it if it's gaudy, over the top, over done makeup (unless they grew up with sisters or are experienced with makeup themselves)

So, to them "make up" means over done and looks trashy.

umm you should stop worrying about it, there's always guys out there who find you attractive, just because they dont approach you in the street or have prolonged eye contact doesnt mean they dont find you physically attractive. For example, if i see an attractive woman I won't always try to get eye contact, in fact i barel ever do.. I don't care really, I notice her and I move on. You sound like a nice girl, one day you will realise this is all in ur head, dont worry!

Archived