Why does it have to be so hard?

votregitan

Just here to vent about it being pretty tough to make friends as you get older. I recently lost my best friend due to me being married and having kids. She said she needed someone who could be a little more reliable, and that me having kids and being married made her feel like she was on the back burner.

It sucked too because she had been my friend since I was 15 (30 now). So I really thought I had a BFF. I have my husband and met some wonderful women through meetup, but the one I really got close to lives in my hometown and I no longer reside there. We moved nearly 2000 miles away from home and we know no one here, really. I joined a few meetups here but it just doesn't seem the same.

Bleh, I just feel really down about it today. I miss having a bff. Another woman who has my back ya know? Like I stated before, I have my husband but I think we all need an outlet. I know it's not that I'm not trying, I'm nice to everyone and not fake nice. I really do enjoy others convos and listening to them, but it seems that doesn't work. Maybe I just need some more time but it's times like these where these feelings just overwhelm me.

Is you're friend single? I can relate to what she's probably going through. When you have a friend who starts dating someone, (or in your case) gets married, that emotional distance can be devastating to them.

However, it is pretty * * * * ty that she did that to you as well. I'm assuming she broke the friendship?

Archived